Chapter 8: I Feel You, Feel Me

Bernice | Friday

I was getting ready for my date with Trey. He told me we're going to some restaurant I can't even pronounce the name of. I much rather go to Red Lobster, but I'll let him try and impress me. I put on a black strappy tight dress, gold accessories, and Jimmy Choo heels. I wore my hair down and minimal makeup. I found my clutch and phone then went downstairs. I put my Rolex on then looked at the time, it was 7:23 and he was supposed to be coming at 7:30. I took a picture of myself at my full length mirror then posted it to instagram when my condo was buzzed. I turned all my lights out then went down. Trey was leaned up against a black Bentley smiling.

"Wow! You look beautiful." I said thanks then he opened my door for me. We went to a French restaurant called Le Bernardin. When we got there paparazzi was sitting outside waiting for somebody who was an anybody. He could've picked somewhere more low key for the first date. He opened my door and held my hand as we walked in. He had a reservation, so we were immediately seated.

We ordered drinks then started usual first date small talk. "How old are you?" He asked.

"26. And yourself?"

He gasped, "You don't ask a man's age!" I laughed then he answered saying, "31."

"If it makes you feel any better you don't look that old."

"That old word. Black don't crack." I chuckled nodding my head, "What do you do for a living?"

"Marketing executive for a business in Manhattan."

"Ok, gotta smart one on my hands. You know what I do. I heard you've been knowing Dave since middle school. You two are just friends, right?" He said taking a drink of his Henny on the rocks.

"Well we just recently became friends again, but yeah." I looked at him weirdly. "Yes, we're just friends. Why?"

"I just get this vibe. I'll take your word for it. I could be wrong." He held his hands up then he paused. "I also know you from somewhere, but I'm not going to say where." He knows me from King of Diamonds, that's where. Trey used to come in and blow racks. It was never disappointing when he came in. One time I was able to pay my rent from him and his crew coming in.

I sipped my wine, "Thanks for not saying it." At this point I didn't care who knew. I didn't work there anymore so so what.

---

After we ate he took me back to my place. He walked me to my door. "I enjoyed myself" I actually did.

"Me too. I'm just glad you let me take you out." He extended his arms for a hug and I wrapped my arms around him. He smelled good. Next thing you know we were kissing. I broke the kiss.

"Um, goodnight" I said trying to get my condo door unlocked. It didn't help that I was fumbling with my keys. He grabbed my hand.

"Just let me come in..to talk."

"Someone watched too much Love Jones." I laughed, "I don't think that's a good idea." I could care less about a 'I don't kiss or sleep with someone on the 1st date' I really didn't think it was.

"Why not?" He asked kissing me again.

"Just an hour. If anything happens it's because I want it to, not because you're some super smooth player." He laughed and I opened the door. "Want tea or something?"

"That's fine" as he looked around my place I went to the kitchen. I filled the tea kettle with water then placed it on the stove. I got two tea cups out and put tea bags in them. "You like poetry?" He asked looking at my bookcase.