Summary

This story starts in a cafe. It was Clara's birthday. She is reading a newspaper article about a billionaire called Jake Daniels, and how he wouldn't donate to Saudi Arabia. Clara is furious. She confides into her best friend, Keith, who is gay. She later says that Santa is her father, and talks about her past.

She visits her dad later that night. He talks about his illness, and gives her a journal for her birthday. She goes home that night, gazing at the stars.

Her foster parents are old. She reads another newspaper about Jake, and she's furious, and is sick and tired of the stories about him. There was a snow storm, and her parents don't return home.

In town, she bumps into Jake. He calls her weird. They meet again in the café, and they spend time together. She asks him about his past, and he becomes shaken. Later, he tells her he wants to meet up again. She agrees.

Clara comes face to face with Jake's drunken wife, named Tara. She instantly dislikes Clara. The next day, Tara and Jake divorce, and she leaves him. Jake and Clara share a passionate kiss under the mistletoe. Clara then develops her feelings for him.

Clara and Jake have a heart to heart, and they reveal their past. Clara doesn't tell him about her real parents, and Jake tells him how his parents died in a car crash during the Christmas period, and how it affected him since.

Things go wrong when Keith and Clara organise a surprise Christmas tree in Jake's back garden. He hates it, and throws them out. Clara and Jake later make up.

She visits Santa and he had a fall. He is later taken to a hospital in the North Pole. He is dying, and Clara promises that she will take charge of Christmas.

Keith and his boyfriend, Nathan, announce their relationship and visit Clara in her house. She is then told that her foster parents have been in a car crash. She is left devastated.

Later on Christmas Eve, she visits them in hospital, accompanied by Jake. She is then forced to reveal that Santa is her real dad. He doesn't believe her, but then realised that she was being serious. Her foster dad, Clive, is fine. Gina, her foster mum is a bit of an concern. She recovers very quickly, and returns home on Christmas Day.

Clara goes to Jake's house on Christmas Eve after visiting Clyde and Gina in hospital. She tells him that she loves him, and asked him if he loves her back. Jake didn't respond. She runs home upset.

Clara spends Christmas Day with her foster parents, Keith and his dad. His mum died a few years ago. Jake appears on Christmas Day, and tells her that he loves her. They kiss, and he joins then for dinner.

In the aftermath chapter, Santa has died. He was holding Mrs Claus', Clara's birth mum's hand. Jake and Clara were official, and Nathan and Keith were happy. Gina was sick during New Year, but when they went to the doctors, they got more than they bargained for.

They will return next Christmas.