Chapter Four

His words tighten my chest. I opened my mouth to scream, but no words came out.
"What do you mean?", I asked him, quietly, putting my hands on the table.
He sighed. Keith looked on, worried.
"You're breaking up with me?"
He nodded, slowly, bending his head in shame.
"Why?"
He reached for my hand on the table, but I snatched it
"I was offered a job to be in a business. It's top secret. I'm joining a partnership."
"And I can't come because?"
"Because I met a model from New Zealand and no offence, but I feel something for her, and lost something with you at the same time."
His words moulded my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I tried to contain my tears. He reached for my hand yet again, and then I snatched it away again, furious at him.
"If that's what you want.", I whispered. "Then just go. Marry her instead of me, I thought we really had something special. But I guess things change for a reason. Just go. I never want to see you again."
"But Clara-"
"Go!"
The whole café was staring at us now. Keith looked at me with worry in his eyes. I got up, and glared at Mason. I pointed my chin up at the sky, and stormed off.

Keith found me drowning in my own tears.
"I heard everything."
I sobbed intensively, placing my head on his shoulder.
"Hey, don't cry."
"It's over, Keith. I don't know if I will ever let him go."
He comforted me as I cried. I cried for hours outside the café. As I head home that night, my eyes were terribly red and puffy. Gina and Clyde were in the living room, watching movies. Gina was the first to notice me in a state of mess with my salty tears staining my face.
"What's up pet?"
Clyde turned his head round to see me, and worry struck his eyes.
""Don't cry so."
Gina ran up to hug me. She lead me into the living room, and I sat down next to her on the couch.
"What is it?"
I fiercely wiped the tears off my face.
"Mason dumped me."
"Mason did what?"
Clyde jumped up and rolled up his sleeves.
"He dumped me for New Zealand and fell for this stupid model."
"Now we don't talk about people like that."
"Whatever. He got a job and saw this model and fell in love with her."
"A bit tacky."
"Yeah."
She hugged me ever so tightly. I went to my back garden that night, and burnt every single picture of him, full of hurt an anger. A few minutes after, I went up to my bedroom and cried lukewarm tears, hoping and crossing my fingers that he suffers in his new life in New Zealand.

The next day, I got a call from his Mum.
"Hiya."
"Hey Clara."
"Alright?"
She sighed.
"What's up?"
There was a long pause.
"It's Mason.", she said. "He's gone forever to his new life, and we will never see him again."