Chapter Fifteen

I wake up the next day, feeling empty inside. Yesterday was officially the worse day of my life. My foster parents are in hospital, Gina is in a coma and she might not wake up and worse of all, Jake doesn't love me.
Jake doesn't love me.....
I really thought he loved me. All of the times we spent together, the look in his eyes, the way it lit up when he saw me. The spark that was between us. Everything.
And now I realised that it was all a myth.
I went downstairs and saw the presents under the tree. There was plenty, more than a little, less than a lot. I saw Clyde attempting breakfast and Keith and his dad laughing and talking. They saw me, and smiled.
"Happy Christmas!"
Clyde still looked miserable, and struggled massively with the sling. I felt sorry for him.
We opened our presents and thought about whether to visit Gina.
We went to the hospital and visited Gina. She was wide awake, and was ready to go.
"But you was in a coma! How could you be out already?"
"It wasn't serious, pet.", she said.
I smiled at her, and we were on our way home for Christmas dinner.

We were happy again. We were back to normal. It's like the car crash didn't happen. But it did happen. I almost lost her again, and I didn't want to. I tried not to think about all the sadness that is going on around me.

So why is something telling me that I shouldn't?
It's like a life lesson.

I have forgotten all about Jake already, but I still love him.
I talked to Keith about it.
"He doesn't love you?"
I shrugged, with tears in my eyes.
"Poor you. I'm so sorry. I really thought that he did."
"So did I."
He sighed.
"I think that you should go over there. He's probably stunned that someone loves him, after everything with Tara."
"Keith, he knows about Santa."
"Oh. He still has you in his heart. Christmas dinner isn't ready yet. Why don't you invite him?"

I went upstairs and called him. I was surprised that he would pick up.
"Clara. Merry Christmas!"
"You too Jake. Please come over for dinner."
He sighed - and hung up.

There was a knock at the door, and I had mixed emotions when I saw Jake. He was holding a present, and handed to me.
"Merry Christmas."
I didn't know what to do. I opened it, and three was a snow globe.
I smiled at him. "Thank you."
He leaned over and kissed me passionately.
"I love you too, Clara."
I smiled and put my snow globe down. I placed my lips on his. I picked up the globe and he followed me inside.
I look up at the stars, and one shone bright, brighter than the others. I smiled, and I knew that Santa Claus was happy. Wherever he is. All of us were smiling, telling jokes, laughing. Everything that we all should do everyday.

We ended up having the best Christmas ever.

Santa's Daughter | ✓|Book One| ❅ (2015)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara