Chapter Five

I immediately rushed to the airport. I see Mason, and I dash towards him.
"Wait!"
I had this funny feeling that he didn't mean it. This is all sudden. He moved on from me already, when the wedding was in place, and he fell in love with this model that he had known for like five minutes? I don't even know.
Mason walked up towards me. We were face to face, the tense cloud hovering over us.
"Why are you really doing this?"
He gulped.
"Please tell me. I can take it."
He sighed.
"Have you been crying?"
"That doesn't matter! Why are you really doing this?"
Mason put his hands on my shoulders.
"New start.", he said. "Clara, this is a new start for me. I got a sweet job!"
"And the model? How did that happen?"
"We crossed paths at my stag do and she gave me a card." He hauled it out of his pocket, and showed it to me. I took a long look.
"And?"
"After I accepted, we just know that it was meant to be, and I struggled to tell you."
"When was this?"
"Since my stag party."
"Five weeks ago? And you didn't tell me?"
"I'm sorry."
I sighed irritatedly.
"Do you want this? This job?"
"You know that I have been waiting for this all my life!"
"Do you want her or me?"
He sighed. I shook my head, confused that he wouldn't answer."
"I'm sorry."
I started to sob lightly.
"I just don't get when this was. Your feelings for her."
"It came naturally, I suppose."
"I just don't get it."
"It's over. I'm sorry. Things can change just like that. We are bland. Being with her could be an adventure."
"Please. You don't mean that."
"I'm sorry. I do. If that what my heart desires to do, then I can't help it."
My hand collided with his rosy cheeks.
"Ouch."
"Have a nice life."
I stormed off, upset and hurt by his words, and as I look back, he was out of sight.

A few days later, I finally came out of hibernation, after staying in my bedroom for three days, whilst the cloud of hurt and depression hovers over me. Mason was my very first love and my very first relationship and I shared my very first kiss with him. Gina came up to me in my bedroom.
"You okay pet?"
"Yeah. I just want to be left alone if you don't mind."
"Sure. Take all the time you need. Make sure you eat something though. I haven't seen you eat. You look skinny."
I sobbed and smiled at her.

I reached for my phone and called Keith, whilst the tinsel that is hanging from my bedroom curtains tickled my face. I haven't really spoken to Keith since Mason dumped me, although that it is not Keith's fault. He tried to keep me upbeat.
"Hello?"
I heard voices at the other end.
"Clara! How are you? Are you okay?"
"Yes. I'm fine."
"I heard that he's gone."
"Yeah. I went to see him leave a few days ago."
"Oh."
I sniffed.
"You will find someone better."
"No one can replace him."
"I feel your pain."
"Yeah."
I said goodbye to him and hung up. I washed my face, jumped into the shower and got dressed into black skinny jeans and a bronze tank top that fitted nicely. I wore converses and a necklace with my locket. I shot out of the house, and disappeared behind the door.

As I head into town, I see a large crowd, handing out petitions to save and unban Christmas. I see people screaming and shouting, cursing Jake Daniels and talking about the festive season. I see people decorating the tree and people going in and out of the shops. The shouting was overwhelming, and as I try to walk away from all of the noise, I bump into a man who was dressed in a smart suit and a tie, with blonde wavy hair. We both found ourselves on the concrete floor. When I looked into his brown eyes, I recognise who he was, and fury was sent through my bloodstream.
It was him.
Jake Daniels.