Chapter Thirteen

I returned home, sad and lost.
I opened door number 23, Christmas Eve tomorrow, and sat down and moped for the whole day.
My parents are out and they didn't say when they are to come home. I sat down and thought about my Dad, how he had to go. It's too soon. None of us are ready!
Suddenly,  I get a phone call.
It was Jake.
"Hi Clara. I miss you."
"I miss you too."
"Come round mine! Let's watch some funny films!"
"I'll be there."
I hung up.

I rushed to my bedroom and threw on a long, black cardigan and a colourful top, and black jeans. I wore standard trainers and was out of the door before someone blinked.

I knocked excitedly on his door. He appeared, and beckoned me to go inside.
"Hey.", he said, blushing.
"Hi."
We didn't know where our relationship stood. We both just stood there, awakwardly, looking at each other. I made a bold move, and pressed my lips against his. He didn't pull away, he kissed me back.
"Wow."
I blushed.
"Shall we watch the film?"
"Go on, then."

"You kissed him?", Keith asked, shocked and amazed.
After the film, something came up and I went home. I would've stayed longer, but something came up.
I'm at home, chilling and hanging out with Keith, who is on a break from work.
"Yes I did. He kissed me back. It wasn't the first kiss."
"Wasn't the first? Go Clara!"
"Yay!" I started blushing, feeling my gave going hot.
"Considering the fact that I'm into him and all."
He gasped. "I knew it!"
I blushed more and smiled.
"Any news, Keith? Anything about Nathan!"
"We are officially, definitely official. We're dating!"
I gasped.
"No way!"
"Yes way! I called him and he's coming over, if you don't mind."
"Not at all!"
There was a knock at the door. Keith went to get it, and I suddenly heard love talk and flirting.
It was Nathan.
"Clara!"
"Hi, Nathan."
Nathan and I don't know each other well, but we managed to get along. Nathan held a mistletoe over his and Keith's head and they shared a kiss full of sparks.

A few hours later, we found ourselves ordering a lot of pizzas and donuts from a lot of places. I anxiously checked the clock. It was almost nine, and they're still haven't returned home.
Nathan looked over towards me.
"You alright, Clara?"
I nodded.
"Parents are not home yet."
"They'll return. They'll be alright."
I nodded. "Thanks."
He smiled and carried on eating his pizza.
Then, all of the sudden, the phone rang.
I got up and answered it.
"Hello?"
"Hello dear, this is General Hospital. Am I talking to Clara Foster?"
"Yes. Why?"
"I'm afraid to tell you that your parents have been in a horrifying car crash on Danes Avenue. Your Father is in a state of shock, and your Mother is in a critical coma. I'm sorry."
I hung up and slammed the phone down. I wanted the ground to swallow me up, and drown me.