Chapter One

BILLIONAIRE REFUSES TO DONATE TO AN UNFORTUNATE ORPHANAGE IN SAUDI ARABIA THIS CHRISTMAS?!

Ugh! I'm sick of hearing this nonsense about this stupid billionaire not believing in Christmas every single morning.
I settle down with a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows and a coffee cake, in the café, reading the Morning Dove newspaper every morning. I took a sip, the piping, burning hot chocolate burning my lips and my tongue, the whipped cream melting on my pink tongue in split seconds. The texture of the delicious coffee cake melts in my mouth, as it tasted like heaven.
I look over to the flyer on the wall. The Christmas Light Switch On Event. I pull out my laptop and logged on, and looked for the event online. I saw it. The petition. The petition to stop this jerk of an billionaire to ruin the event. I call my Dad, telling him about this problem.
"Dad, we have a problem."
I walk over to Keith, the barista.
"How is my favourite customer?"
I smiled. Me and Keith go way back, all the way back to preschool.
"Never been better!"
Keith pulled out an advent calendar, and opened door number 9. He gave me a chocolate, and I popped it in my mouth, the delightful taste of chocolate melting on my tongue.
"Happy Birthday, Clara!"
"Thanks!"
He sighed. "I wonder how you popped out when your parents were working their socks off to give us our Christmas prese-"
"Ssshh!"
He covered his mouth, sharpish. I didn't want anyone to know who my real parents are, but I'm staying, and pratically have been living with my foster parents all my life, despite knowing who my parents are.
They gave me up the minute I was born because they were so busy, and I was a Christmas present for my foster parents, who were very infertile. They were in their 50's when I was small, and now they are almost 70.
I found out who my real parents were when I was seven. I never told my foster parents. I wrote a letter to Santa Clause, like all of the kids do, and I told him that all I want for Christmas is to find my real parents, as I found out from them that I was fostered, then adopted.
Then on Christmas day, I got a letter from Santa. He also sent a picture of a baby and a lovely old couple.
That was Santa.
And Mrs Clause.
And the baby was me.
He told me that how I was their little girl, and I kept the letter ever since.
Two years later, I wrote to him around Christmas time, telling him how much I wanted to see him. On Christmas Eve, in the nighttime, I was carried away by Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph. Two elves were at the front of the sleigh, as I was at the back, admiring the stars, and wished hard on the shooting star.
And the wish still haven't came true.
I wrote the wish down and kept it in my jewellery box, along with the letters from Santa Clause.
After I got there, I was taken to Santa. He greeted me ever so kindly. Mrs Clause came in with freshly baked cookies. Santa gave me a locket and I never took it off.
Ever.
When the clock struck midnight, I was rushed home, immediately. On Christmas day, I was given a set of keys and a whistle for the sleigh, and I was given another batch of freshly baked cookies.
After that, I visited my Dad whenever I wanted.
Keith was the only person who knew about my past. He visited him once, and they bonded over a star on the Christmas Tree.
How weird.
No one else knew about my past.
"Are you going to meet him now?"
I nodded.
"We need to talk about that stupid billionaire!"
He started laughing.
"You're fiery as hell when you're angry! Oh my gosh!"
I giggled as his phone chimed.
"Sorry. Gotta go. Nathan needs me."
"Oh, so you're meeting up with you're boyfriend, Keith!"
"Ssshh! They don't know."
I giggled loudly.
"Have you not made it official?"
Keith shook his head, checking his phone.
"Maybe."
I gasped.
"I said maybe."
I smiled at him.
"How's it going with the wedding?"
I sighed. My fiancé, Mason Parks, proposed to me on a cruise. He is quite rich, and is very generous.
"Great!", I said.
"When are you getting married?"
"New Years Eve at night. We're having fireworks and everything."
"Cool!"
"I know, right?"
Me and my fiancé met last year at a pub. We talked, and that was when I felt something for him. He was drunk and I carried him home. After that, we went to his house and he got sober, and we shared a kiss. His lips melting into mine. I got his number and went home.
A few days later, we went on a first date. To the movies. We watched a rom com and we walked under the stars. We started dating.
Then a few months later, he proposed to me! And I accepted! My foster parents aproved.
"I thought you're meeting Nathan!"
"I am. I'm just heading off now."
I winked at him as he put on his jacket.
"See you later!"
He flashed a smile at me as he left.
As I walked outside, the icy cold frosty air hit me hard. I ran home, to find that no one was there, and ran to my room. I snatched the set of keys, and ran back downstairs to the back garden. When I was eighteen, I was given a big sleigh for Christmas. I opened the ground beneath me, and walked down the stairs. I hopped inside the sleigh, and it flew me away. As I look down, the ground closed. I reached the North Pole, and I landed.
I walk in and see elves at work. I look all around me, the delicious smell if cookies tickled my nostrils. Dad saw me, and greeted me.
"Happy birthday, Clara!"
He ran up to me, and gave me a hug.
"Thanks, Dad!"
He smiled at me, warmly. He handed me a gift, wrapped in vivid colours. I opened it, and I was quite surprised to see a journal.
"What's this for?"
"To write all your adventures.", he said. "In your lifetime."
"Yeah.", I said, close to tears.
"You know, Clara, I might not make it to Christmas with my illness."
"Don't say that!"
"It's terminal, Clara. I cannot control it."
I sobbed lightly. One of the reasons why I was given up because he was ill with cancer. This time, he could die.
"Hey.", he said gently. "Don't cry so." He put his hand on my shoulder.
I wiped my tears away.
"That jerk billionaire. He might cancel the Christmas Tree Lights switch on!"
"Ohh, not him again. He hasn't been a very good boy. Let me write him on my naughty list."
"Oh Dad!"
We laughed ever so loudly.
As it got close to evening, I hugged and kiss Dad goodbye and was off in my sleigh. I look at the sky, it was lit up with stars, as the bright moon shone on my face.

I know that this chapter is short, but there will be some longer ones! Thanks for reading!