Chapter 11 - For Real

A/N: Sorry for not updating this story in so long. I sort of ran out of inspiration for the story and had writer's block for a while, but with a new year and having reread all that I've written, I feel good about continuing on, so I hope you enjoy! :) xx

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"What are you doing here?" Will asked the blonde boy currently stood on his front stoop. He probably shouldn't have sounded so hostile towards his boyfriend, even if they were on a break, but this was way too soon for Oliver to just rock up and try to work things out. It had only been 3 days and Will still didn't feel like that was enough. 

He didn't know where he sat with Oliver, emotionally. Part of him wondered if the physical start to their relationship messed up his mind about how he felt about Oliver in his heart. He had always disliked the phrase: 'Men think with their penises' but in this situation, Will had to admit that his friend downstairs was playing a part. 'Cause there was no denying the fire that was ignited whenever Oliver came close to him. And there was nothing wrong with enjoying the more physical aspects of their relationship.

But Will craved more than that. 

Something deeper, something emotional.

And Will was unsure if Oliver was going to give that to him. 

Sometimes Will felt like he would. When they'd lay close to each other in bed, cuddled up in one another and just talking about their lives, their hopes, their dreams, and it felt as if their souls were intertwining.

But sometimes it felt like he wouldn't. Like the fight that they'd had just before their break, where Will felt so emotional and so caught up in it while Oliver was like a wall, solid and unfeeling, coldly dismissing his hurt feelings and not understanding his pain over Vanessa Ainsthropp and the comment he'd made to his friends.

Will guessed that the problem they were having most was that neither knew where the other stood. 

So maybe Oliver rocking up wasn't such a big problem, now that Will thought about it.

"I, uh, I told Stacey about us," Oliver muttered as he shuffled his feet, staring down at Will's feet rather than looking at his face. He felt awkward right there and then, not sure how this conversation was going to go. 

He couldn't lose Will and he was most definitely going to fight with all that he had to keep him in his life, but Will still had this hold on him that made him feel weak, made him feel vulnerable, like the brunette had all the control.

"What?" Will asked, not sure if he'd heard the blonde correctly.

"I told Stacey about us," Oliver repeated more assuredly now. The fire to fight for what he wanted was alight now and he was out to get it.

"What exactly did you tell her?" Will asked, crossing his arms as he leant against the door jamb, head slightly cocked to the side as he waited for Oliver's explanation.

"That the reason she and I broke up is because I had feelings for someone else, for you, and by some stroke of luck, you happened to have feelings for me too. I told her that we were dating, and you wanted to be my boyfriend, and it was amazing, and awesome, and the best thing to happen to me in quite a while, probably ever," Oliver explained with a dopey smile on his face as he thought about just how happy Will had made him in only the short time that they had been together. 

"Really?" Will replied, trying to sound indifferent as he pushed down his bubbling feelings. He didn't want to be affected or swayed by Oliver's words, even if they were incredibly sweet and flattering.

Oliver nodded, his smile only growing wider before he sighed, commenting, "but then I had to be a dumb idiot and just ruin everything."

Will stood silent, waiting for the blonde to say more. The brunette needed him to keep going because he was so close to taking him back now, give him a second chance so they could still be together.