Chapter 20.

Kehlani.

"August I'm serious." I pouted.

"Why you wanna move? This house is perfectly fine." He questioned as I looked at houses online.

"Aug, we're raising 3 babies who believe it or not are going to grow up."

"Yeah and we got space for that."

"No we don't."

"Ok, well if you find a house that you like and I agree to the price we can move."

"Yay thank you daddy." I squealed as he gave me a straight face.

"Only people time you should be calling me that is when I'm in that-"

"Ok Aug stop." I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Go get dressed so we can go shopping." He said as he looked down at me.

"I don't feel like climbing the steps, carry me."

"Lani, you too old for this baby shit." He laughed.

"Pleaseee." I begged.

"No."

"With a cherry on top?"

"No."

"With a kiss on top?"

"On top of what?" He smirked.

"Your lips, nasty ass." I giggled.

"Come on." He said as I jumped up and wrapped my legs around him.

August.

"You look fine baybeh, now come on." I said to Lani who had spent the last 20 minutes in the mirror.

"Wait I forgot my earrings."

"Bruh." I groaned.

"Who?"

"Nobody."

"Alright well I'm ready."

We had to go to the mall to buy summer clothes for the kids and I was already in a rush to get back home.

"We wouldn't have to do this if you had brought the clothes last week." I said as Lani sighed.

"I could've sent you but you would've had my babies dressed like rainbows." She chuckled.

"Nah, not my lil man anyway, he would've been making all the little baybeh girls drool."I laughed.

We pulled into the mall parking lot and put the twins into their stroller while I carried Kennedy.

As we walked around we quickly realized this shopping trip was going to be a hassle.

"Calm down mama." Lani consoled Kennedy as she cried on her shoulder.

"She's probably hungry." I said as I pushed the twins in their stroller.

"Yeah, I'm hungry too. Let's go to the food court."

"I don't think that's a good-" Before I could even finish Lani grabbed my hand and we were rushing toward the food court.

Kehlani.

"Oh, I found a house that I really like." I said as I pulled it up on my phone in between chewing a fry.

"This is nice. How much is it?"

"It has 4 bedrooms and 2 and a half bathrooms." I said ignoring his question.

"How much."

"It has a big backyard and it's by a good school district."

"Kehlani."

"Fine. It's 300,000 but that's only because it's in one the most prestigious neighborhoods here." I confessed.

"No, I'm not paying 300 thousand on a house. Absolutely not."

"Please baby?" I asked as I grabbed his hand.

"No."

"Look at it. Look there's a nice big basement for the man cave you always wanted, and the twins will share a room so we can use the spare room as a playroom." I said as he slowly scrolled through pictures.

"It's nice but we don't even have a realtor."

"What happened to the one that sold you the house we're in now?"

"He uh, he went to jail."

"For what?"

"I don't know something about laundering money." He mumbled.

"Well, we can always find a new one."

"Yeah, I'll find one." He suggested.

"No, let me." I chuckled.

Once we were finally home and settled I opened my laptop and looked at realtors, when I found one who looked professional and met our needs I called her.

"Hello? Is this Ms. Carter?"

"Yes it is who's speaking?" A cheery voice said on the other line.

"I'm Kehlani and me and my husband are looking for a house in Riverside."

"Okay, what are you looking for?"

"We actually have a house in mind we just don't know how to go about getting it."

"Well that's great just text me the address and I'll see what I can do."

"Alright, thank you so much."

"No, the pleasure is all mine." She said before ending the call.

I sat back and couldn't believe we actually might be moving to a bigger and better house.

-
Sucky ending but things are going really well for August and Kehlani and don't worry they just keep getting better in 'Forever and Always' until...well you'll just have to read to find out. -Shay