Chapter 4.

Kayden and Kaiya in MM.

August.

"Baybeh you okay?" I aksed Lani in a worried tone.

"Yeah it was just a kick." She said as she grabbed her stomach.

"Okay good."

Lani had been complaining of her stomach hurting all day but kept refusing to go to the hospital.

"Bae you sure you alright?"

"Yes August I'm fine." She chuckled.

When I went upstairs to check on Kennedy Lani was fine but when I came back downstairs I was completely shocked.

When I reached the bottom stair I saw Lani laying on the floor in the kitchen.

"Baybeh? Baybeh? Kehlani."

No response.

I immeadiately picked up my phone and dialed 911.

Once the ambulance arrived I was holding Lani in my arms. When the paramedics took her me and Kennedy were right behind them.

As we rushed to the hospital my mind and heart were racing at the same time. The only thing I could do was pray that Lani and the babies were going to be okay.

We got to the hospital and they rushed Lani into a room I was told to stay in the waiting room with Kennedy while they ran test on her.

We waited.

And waited.

And waited some more.

Eventually Lani's doctor walked into the waiting room and asked to speak to me.

"Is Kehlani okay?"

"She's fine we gave her some medicine so she won't be in any pain."

"What happened to her?" I asked.

"Kehlani suffers from a condition called pre-eclampsia which caused her blood pressure to rise which also caused her to faint." Dr. Brown explained.

"Are the babies okay?"

"If Kehlani's blood pressure lowers then we can send her back home and they will be fine but if it keeps rising like it is now we'll have to deliver them."

"Is it safe to deliver babies this early?" I asked as Kennedy drooled on my shirt.

"Normally, no it depends on how much the baby weighs and how developed it is but in your case it's twins and twins are known to be smaller."

"What's the chance of...you know?" I asked not wanting to think of my babies possibly dying.

"The chance is really 50/50 but if they are delivered and they do survive birth there's a greater chance of life." She assured me as I let out a sigh of relief.

"Can I see Kehlani?" I asked.

"Sure she's right this way." Dr. Brown said as I followed her.

Kehlani.

I sat in the hospital bed and thought about everything the doctor had told me. I couldn't think about losing my babies, I just couldn't.

I tried to remain as calm as possible so my blood pressure would stay down. I heard the door open and saw August and Kennedy.

As soon as August got over to me he hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek.

"I'm so scared Auggie." I whispered as he sat down next to me.

"Me too but no matter what we're gonna be okay." He said as he grabbed my hand.

The night went on and as my nurses checked me my blood pressure stayed the same. High. I let my doctor know that I was having a really bad headache and she went and talked to another doctor.

"Mrs. Alsina are you ready to deliver?" A tall white man asked me.

"Umm I wasn't aware that I was going to."

"Kehlani, in the best interest of you and the babies we'll have to deluver them tonight." Dr. Brown said.

My heart began to race as Aug called Cha and let her know what was going on and she agreed to pick up Kennedy.

"Aug?"

"Yeah baybeh?"

"I'm scared."

"Just keep calm, everything will be fine and in a hour or so we'll have our babies."

I took a deep breath before the doctors let me know it was time to go into the opperating room.

I kissed Kennedy and August as I got wheeled in.

August.

I got dressed in the scrubs they gave me and waited to be called in.

*40 minutes later.*

Small cries were heard as I took the first pictures of my new son and daughter.

Kayden Anthony Alsina- 2lbs. 3 oz. Born at 12:28 a.m.

Kaiya Maria Alsina- 2lbs. 4 oz. Born at 12:30 a.m.

Luckily the babies were developed enough to only be in the nursery for two weeks then they would be able to come home.

Kehlani.

As I looked down at Kayden and Kaiya I started to get teary eyed. God really puts us in all situations for a reason and me meeting August and everything we've been through prepared us for this moment right here.

Kaiya and Kayden were the perfect mix of me and Aug. Kayden had Aug's nose and lips with my eyes and Kaiya had my lips, Aug's nose and my eyes. Both had a light caramel complexion. I smiled at them as Kayden started to get fussy. I handed him to Aug and he stopped immeadiately.

"One of my baybehs finally like me." Aug chuckled as I smiled at Kaiya.

She grabbed my finger as I played with her hand and gave me a small soft smile that made my heart melt.

I watched Aug give Kayden a bottle and burp him and it made me happy to see that he got the son he always wanted.

"Aug?"

"Wassup baybeh?"

"I love you."

"I love you more."

-

Awwwwww Kayden and Kaiya are hereeeee but they are small :( so they can't come home just yet.

How do y'all think Kennedy will react to the new babies?

I think she'll be fine considering the fact she's only one lol.- Shay.