Chapter 15.

Hey y'all Shay here, just wanted to let y'all know you might want to get ready because this chapter is... Wow.- Shay.

Kehlani.

As we pulled up to the front of the club I instantly got nervous. There was still 2 hours before the club opened and the line was already down the street.

"Is it always like this?" I asked as I looked around.

"Yeah, every night."

We walked in as I sat at on a bar stool and watched Aug prepare for the night.

"You do this every night?"

"Yep."

After he got the bar ready we waited until the doors opened and the music started blasting.

A tall light skinned man walked over to me and introduced himself to me.

"Hello, I'm Rick, I'll be overseeing your performance tonight."

"Thanks, Rick. My name is Kehlani."

"Kehlani? Where have I heard that name before?" Rick asked as Aug popped up next to him at the bar.

"Oh, Rick I seen you've met my wife, Kehlani."

"Oh. So this is the legendary Kehlani. August talks about you all the time." Rick chuckled.

"Good things I hope." I smiled.

"Of course. Aug look there's 'Sunshine' over there so make sure you serve her plenty of drinks."

"Will do Rick."

"Kehlani, you're on in 15 minutes so get ready."

"Alright."

As Rick walked away I looked down at the other end of the bar to see who this Sunshine girl was. From what I could see she was light skinned with a lot of weave and a trashy amount of makeup on.

"So who's Sunshine?" I asked.

"A very good tipper." Aug chuckled.

"She looks like a stripper." I mumbled.

"She's that too." Aug said as I looked at him.

I watched as Aug went to the other end of the bar to entertain the people but Sunshine was the only one who was all over him. Just as I was about to get up and have a little talk with her I heard Rick tap the microphone.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I want to welcome a very special guest to the stage. She's new so make sure you show her lots of love welcome, Kehlani." He said as I jumped onto the stage.

Every man wants a queen,

Like Jada in her prime, 1990's fine

Gotta match his fly like something

From a dream or movie script

When you kiss her lips she'll feel

Something like this

I continued to sing and quickly noticed that the crowd was loving the song.

Don't let that get away

Don't let that slip away

Don't let that love escape

Don't let that love get away.