Chapter 2.

Kehlani.

I sat in the room and tried to talk to August but he was not having it.

"Aug I know you're mad right now but you had to know that Cha was going to move on eventually." I sighed as he paced back and forth in anger.

"You don't understand."

"I don't? How about Eddie tried to date my cousin before." I said as I chuckled.

"That's different." He gritted.

"How?"

"Cha and Mel were together for 10 years before he died, the only couple that was around me that actually loved each other was them."

"I understand that but she seems like she really likes Sneak and this whole thing is really none of our business." I sighed.

"If it involves my nieces it is." He said in a serious tone.

"I seriously doubt the girls know that they are together." I laughed thinking about Kay asking Sneak a million questions.

"You don't know that for sure though. Man this is really messed up."

"Aug what's your real problem? Like what's really bothering you? I know it's not the girls or Sneak and Cha dating, it's something deeper than that."

He took a deep breath before he spoke again. "I looked up to Mel, everything he did I wanted to do. Sometimes we didn't choose the right path but it always worked out in the end... well almost always."

He paused.

"You know when we first met and you told me you knew I was selling drugs it really hit me when you said I was a angel in your eyes."

"Really why?"

"That's the same thing Cha told Mel when they were 15 and he started selling."

"Wow August I never knew that."

"All I ever wanted was a relationship like theirs. I wanted to look at someone the way he used to look at Cha, I wanted to hold someone the way he used to hold her, Most importantly I wanted to be as in love as he was with her. Now that I found it it's almost like I don't know how to make it like theirs." He said as a tear ran down his face.

As he sat down on the bed I wrapped my arms around his torso and held him close as he wept into my shoulder.

"Our love is like theirs but we kinda have a different dynamic than they did." I whispered.

"Why you always doing that?" He asked as he sat up.

"Doing what?"

"Making me feel better."

"Well that's my job." I smiled.

As he went and laid out his work clothes I saw a small piece of paper fall from his pocket. I picked it up and noticed it was a poster opening it up, I saw it was a flyer for a open mic night at the club Aug works at.

August.

"Auggie pleaseeee." Lani begged.

"No. I'm not singing at no damn open mic night." I sighed.

"Pleaseeee. For me?"

"Nope."

"The babies?"

I sighed. "Why you gotta bring my kids into it?"

"So you're gonna do it?" She beamed.

"Yeah man, I guess."

"Yay!" She screamed as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Only if you do it with me." I said as her face lit up again.

"Of course I will. So when's the open mic night?"

"Friday. Be ready by the time I have to leave." I warned knowing she would be late.

"I will be,trust me." She giggled.

-
I knowwwww this chapter is short but I literally can't wait to type Chapter 3.- Shay