Chapter 10.

Kehlani.

"Oh I remember you. You're August's girlfriend. I'm Miracle." She said as she smiled politely.

"Correction I'm his wife, and the mother of his children. But I really want to know what's going on between you two."

"There's nothing going on between us. I would never do anything to hurt you and August's relation-"

"So you're having an affair with him?"

"No."

"Miracle, it's best you don't lie to me." I said as I stared at her.

"Is that a threat?"

"Nope. A promise."

"Aug contacted me a couple of weeks ago and I asked if he could visit me at work." She confessed.

Problem #1: Why was my husband contacting her?

"And where is it that you work?"

"Delvado."

"The strip club?"

"Yes."

Problem #2: She's a stripper.

"And what happened when he came to see you?"

"I really don't think I should be answering to you." She scoffed.

"Look Miracle I'm his wife. You're his hoe. I'm always going to come before you in any situation and I have the power to decide where our marriage goes. So let me ask you again. What happened?" I said as I stood in a more serious stance.

"Me and August had sex." She mumbled.

"And he's been seeing you for the past three nights?"

"Yes."

"Okay." I said as I turned on my heels and walked away.

One thing I hated was for someone to come between me and my husband and to find out that he was reason all of this just happened has me livid.

"Hello?" Cha answered.

"Can you go pick the kids up? Don't tell Aug anything I want to surprise him." I said.

"Umm sure, but what'going on?"

"Thanks Cha, bye." I said as I hung up.

I raced back to the house and when I got in I noticed Cha had already gotten the kids.

I walked out onto the deck to see Aug smoking and I blacked out.

August.

"Lani, what the hell?!" I yelled as she hit and smacked me.

"You cheated! You cheated! Your dumb ass cheated on me!" She screamed as she hit me.

"Lani calm the fuck down." I said as I grabbed her wrist.

"How could you August."

"What are you talking about?"

"I met with her." She said as tears started to fall.

"With who?"

"Miracle." She said as I instantly felt guilty.

"Baybeh I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. Please, please forgive me." I said as I looked at her.

"August, we took vows. You told me you would never do anything to hurt me. You promised." She said as she broke down crying.

At that moment I realized I had actually hurt my wife more than I had ever imagined.

"Baybeh I'm sorry. Forgive me." I said as she shook her head no.

"I can't August. Not right now." She said as she went upstairs and I sat on the couch and sighed.

Kehlani.

I threw some clothes into a duffle bag before sitting down and crying.

How could he do this to me? Was I not enough for him? Why would cheating even cross his mind?

I zipped my bag and went downstairs.

"Wait, wait, wait, Kehlani you leaving?" Aug said as he rushed over to me.

"August, I have to. If I don't get a break from you I would only grow to hate you."

"Lani, please you can't leave me." He said as I unlocked the door and walked out.

"Baybeh, please." He said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I have too." I said as I softly kissed his cheek.

I got in the car and drove to Cha's house but as soon as I pulled up I felt Aug's phone buzz.

MiracleWhip: I'm really sorry.

I looked at the text and scoffed. I turned Aug's phone off and got out of the car.

"Aww sweetheart what's wrong?" Cha asked as she let me in the house.

I was about to tell her what happened until I saw Sneak sitting on the couch.

"I'll tell you later, can I stay here for a couple of days? I bought the kids some clothes and food too."

"Sure honey. Stay as long as you need too."

"Hey Kehlani." Sneak said.

"Hi Sneak."

As I went to Cha's spare room my phone began to ring. I looked at it expecting it to be Aug but it was the record exec. from Epic Records.

"Hello, Kehlani?"

"Yes this is she." I spoke.

"This is Charles Robertson, I recently let my colleagues take a listen to you and they loved it." He said.

"They loved it so much I was wondering if we could meet sometime next week to discuss some things."

"Sure." I smiled.

Just when I thought my day couldn't get better my biggest dream decides to come true.

-

Yass Lani tell Miracle how you really feel. Lol

How y'all feel about Lani's decision to leave Aug so she wouldn't hate him in the long run?

Would you do the same?

Let me know-Shay