Chapter 9.

Before I start this chapter I wanna say I've gone through my comments for U.L. and y'all are hilarious thanks for supporting me.-Shay

August.

I pulled up to the house and made sure I didn't make too much noise since I knew the babies were sleeping.

I slowly opened the door and tried to sneak upstairs when the living room light came on.

"Where have you been?" Lani asked as she sat with her legs crossed.

"I had to take care of some business baybeh, the kids sleep?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, Kennedy cried longer than the twins because her daddy wasn't here to put her to sleep." She said as she stared at me.

"Oh I'll go up and check on her now." I said as I headed for the steps.

"Don't. You. Dare." She said as she placed her hand up.

"Bae what's wrong?"

"Oh nothing, just trying to figure out why my husband just walked in the house at 3 a.m. like everything is okay." She gritted.

"Baybeh I'm sorry Rick wanted me to help him out after the club closed." I lied.

"With what?" She asked as I looked at her surprised.

"Um he needed me to change the order of the glasses at the bar." I said.

"Okay." She said before getting up and going upstairs.

I took a sigh of relief and laid back on the couch before heading upstairs. This is the first time in a year and eight months that I have ever cheated or even looked at a woman in a sexual way. There was no idea I was going to tell Lani about this. I can't. It's too risky.

Kehlani.

I walked up the stairs and heard Aug take a deep breath. I was a lot of things but one thing I'm not is a fool.

Growing up the way I did the one thing I could do was tell when someone was lying. August is a barteneder and there is absolutely no need for him to work that late at night.

Not to mention that when he wasn't answering his phone I decided to call Rick who informed me that August hasn't come to work in three days.

Until I figured out what was really going on I decided to play it cool which was hard because I was already beyond pissed.

Aug turned his phone off and put it under his pillow, a new habit he seems to have and laid next to me.

He wrapped his arms around me as I just laid there. This was the first time I haven't felt good in his arms, forever.

August.

The next morning I woke up and checked my phone.

MiracleWhip: Goodmorning Daddy

Yungin': Goodmorning sweetheart

I locked my phone and threw it back on the bed before heading downstairs.

I kissed Kennedy, Kayden, and Kaiya on their foreheads as I noticed Lani looking at me.

"Goodmorning baybeh, how you doing today." I said as I grabbed her by her waist.

"I'm fine." She said angrily.

"So what's for breakfast?" I asked as I picked Kennedy up and sat at the table.

"I made pancakes, sausage, and eggs." She said as she sat down with one plate.

"That's all you made?"

"I made the twins bottles and fed Kennedy already so they're good to go." She said as she gave me a fake smile.

"Where's my breakfast?"

"In the 'fridge." She said as I got up and looked for a plate.

"There's nothing in here." I said as I looked at her.

"Sure there is. Pancake mix is on the bottom right hand side, eggs are in that small container, and sausage is in the freezer." She said as she bit into a piece of sausage.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Eat up."

Kehlani.

After my meal I went upstairs to get ready for the day but while I walked to my closet Aug's phone lit up.

I picked it up and was shocked to see the message that appeared on the screen.

MiracleWhip: Are we meeting up later baby?

I looked at the message and tried to figure out what to do about it.

I typed in his password and went to the message, I looked at the message and really couldn't believe it.

Yungin': Yeah meet me at the park.

I typed and didn't even regret it. I didn't want to hurt the girl I just wanted to talk to her and ask her what was going on.

I slipped Aug's phone into my purse and went to get ready.

August.

My mind raced as I tried to figure out why Lani was acting so mean. I cleaned the babies up and carried them into the living room as Kennedy followed behind me. As I turned the t.v. on Lani rushed down the steps and grabbed her keys.

"Going somewhere?" I asked.

"Yeah, just to run a couple of errands." She said before leaving.

Kehlani.

As I drove I thought about what she might tell me and I realized I wasn't prepared to hear the truth. If she and August have been having an affair for a while I honestly don't know what I would do.

I finally pulled up to the park and got out. I looked around and saw a browskinned woman waiting exactly where I told her too.

As I got closer I was shocked because I knew exactly who she was, the girl from the cake place. She knew me too because as soon as she saw me she had a look of 'oh I just got caught' on her face.

"Hello I'm Kehlani. And you are?" I asked as I reached my hand out.

-

And just like that....A cliffhanger.

Don't y'all just love me?

All I have to say is It's about to go downnnnn.- Shay