Chapter 22 - Unexpected Events

I was feeling so shy that I couldn't look up at Aarul to see his reaction at Raj's action.

"Umm... I just came to remind you about the awards ceremony that we have to attend tomorrow onwards with bhabhi's family."

"Oh. Thanks for the reminder bro. I totally forgot about it." Raj said.

"Awards ceremony?" I asked feeling confused.

"Yeah. Businessman of the year awards." Aarul said and continued,"and also principal told me to tell you to come and meet him in his office today."

"Okay. Thanks for informing Aarul. Now you can go." Raj ordered and looked down at me and said while totally ignoring Aarul,"So where were we?"

"Kya time aagaya hai. Bhabhi ke aate hie chote bhai ki value hie kam hogayi...." Aarul said while starting to wipe his invisible tears.
(What time has come where little brother's value is becoming less as soon as his big brother's wife enters his life.....)

"Tu jaate hai ya ......" Raj warned.
(Are you going or.....)

"Haan bhaiya jaa raha hoon. Jaa raha hoon. Just take a chill pill." Aarul said while laughing and quickly runned out of the room seeing Raj getting irritated.
(Yes bro I'm going. I m going.)

"So..." Raj said.

"So...." I said.

"Soooooooo....." Raj dragged the word and wiggles his eyebrows. His actions gave a hint to me at what his mind was suggesting.

"So you were telling me about the awards ceremony." I said while trying to distract him away from his suggestions filled mind.

"Award ceremony? Oh award ceremony...." Raj realised and said,"its happening at a hill station outside Hyderabad where all the India's famous bussinessmen, with their family, who are nominated for the bussinessman of the year award, come. Dad has been nominated for this award. So we all will be going. It will be for 2 days and 1 nights stay at the hotel they have choosen for this ceremony and then dad has some more plans on running after that ceremony is finished."

"Ohhhh. Papaji must be so happy about getting chosen. I wanna talk to him. Do you think I can call him now?" I asked.

"He will be busy in meetings but still I will say what I know he would say if he were here. For his family he is free at any and all time." Raj informed ne.

"Okay." I said while feeling happy.

I walked away from his arms and went to his office landline and dailed papaji's number.

Ringggg. Ringggg. Rin-

"Hello. You have reached Aman Kapoor's cell. If its from anyone in office then I'm busy but if its from my family then you know what to do." A machine voice said.

I loked at him feeling confused.

He looked amused but came to help me.

He did something and suddenly I heard a voice say,"Yes son? How are you?"

"Papaji its me Riya."

******Phone conversation starts here******

Papaji: Oh Riya dear its you. What a wonderful surprise! So tell me what can I help you with. Is it about my son? Is my son troubling you? Wait give him the phone I'll take his class now.

R: Oh no papaji. Its not that. He isn't troubling me at all except for sometimes which are rare by the way. But anyway, I umm... actually called to congratulate you on your success for being nominated for businessman of the year award.*talking shyly at last part*