Chapter 21

Juliet

-Two months later-

I sucked in a breath as Blake zipped up the dress. The long black dress snugly emphasized that I was pregnant, he decided that everyone should know we're together and that I'm expecting a baby.

"Are you sure this looks okay?" I swayed my hips around, he chuckled and rested his hands on my hips and slid them to my bump.

"More than okay, I'm going to have to fight some wars to keep the men away."

"I'm sure they'll not come near me, this bump protruding has a neon sign over it saying Property of Blake Stone." He kissed me on the cheek. He still hasn't buttoned up his shirt, I turned around, my fingers trailing down his chest, my fingers rested at the scar on his shoulder, a round shape. I'm never going to get used to the idea that he was shot because he tried to protect me.

I pulled away from him, he huffed and buttoned his shirt and pulled on his blazer as I helped him with his tie.

Tonight is his company's Christmas party.

He helped me into the car and smiled widely.

"I can't wait to have everyone know that you're my girl and that's our baby." He looked like a kid in a candy store. I didn't feel too happy, having everyone know kind of lets reality set in, my mistake is a memory but nonetheless, this happened by accident. I didn't choose to sleep with him, well not knowingly of course and I didn't choose to be bound to him but...I wouldn't undo it.

Adrian and Ava would also be here tonight, he had a big announcement plus he is going to inform the employees that Blake is stepping down. He said that he wants to try writing again, it's his passion apart from cooking, he wants me to meet his mother too, from what I heard she isn't much of a feature.

We stopped at a big building, it looked like a palace of sorts but just much more modern. Money talks and this is screaming, rich bastard's party.

Blake helped me out, I had this funny walk to me, it's a balancing act because my center of gravity has shifted and the slightest of turns had me unstable. He smiled at me as he linked my arm with his, some of the people that were outside curiously looked at us, women glaring at me. I wanted to laugh so hard, they can be jealous all they want he's still my baby daddy.

We entered the big hall, people were standing around and on a stage, an orchestra started playing. Adrain and Ava walked to us, Ava wore an aqua dress with her hair up, she looked very elegant, I kind of envy her since I look like blowfish.

"Hey sis you look amazing" She greeted.

"No, not really, you both look very happy."

"Of course I am, I just asked Ava to step in with me for Blake, she has all the skills, needed whom better to run the Stone Empire with. " I now noticed that the hall was decorated mostly in black and white, I know Blake mentioned it was a classic theme.

Ava chatted a bit with me before she delved into the food set out , the bar looked fantastic but I can't drink anything. Blake pulled me to the dance floor before the stage and walked up with his brother, the crowd gathered as Adrian tested the mic.

"Welcome everybody to our annual Christmas party, now before we boogie I have a few announcements to make, Ava can you come up here?" She was standing beside me, she gave my hand a squeeze before walking up and standing on Adrian's other side.

"Okay so as you know we've had a few power shifts over the years and next year we're having another, god I hate speeches, anyways Blake will be stepping down as majority owner and I'm going to be filling that position, Ava O'Malley, one of my close acquaintances will be filling my position-there's another announcement but this one is for Blake." He handed him the mic

Blake cleared his throat nervously.

Oh please don't gloat in front of everyone about our baby.

He walked down to beside me.

"This here is my very lovely girlfriend, Juliet, the mother of my child and the most amazing person I've met. I didn't really planned it like this but I decided why not, Christmas is almost near and I'm not going to fall out of love with you anytime in the next millennium." A few people chuckled, I nervously looked at him, this whole speech had to come to a point.

"So uhm" He went down on one knee, I covered my gaping mouth with my hand, and muttered a 'shit'. He chuckled.

"Juliet O'Malley, will you do me the honour of marrying me, the smuck and idiot I am?" I chuckled, feeling happy tears slide down my cheek as Blake pulled out the box and opened it to the most beautiful ring I've ever seen.

"Yes! Absolutely." He slid the ring on my finger and kissed me deeply in a dip, people cheered. I pulled back.

"Oh my goodness, Blake you never cease to surprise me." He chuckled, his brother told someone to start playing music.

In the background All shook up started to play , people around me swing danced and some just danced together. Now I know what he meant by classic.

He pulled me close to him, he rested his hands on my hips, which was a mile away thanks to the bump, we swayed together, every now and then he would spin me around.

"I'm in love, I'm all shook up" He sang softly.

After that we slow danced, I saw Adrian and Ava dancing and laughing before he walked to us.

Ava hugged me tightly.

"Oh my god, I never thought in a million years that Blake would do this, no offence," Ava commented.

"I didn't either, never thought he had the balls, and I'm his brother," Adrian smirked/

"Hey, you know I'm standing right here!" He objected

"We're going to go, it's getting late." He put his fedora on Blake's head with a wink and pulled Ava away. I know exactly what they're going to get up to (not that I want to know this but anyone could see it)

"How you feeling dear?"

"I'm okay, my food is staying in, I haven't fallen over and I don't feel that tired, this is my lucky night" I looked at the diamond ring on my finger, wow I can't believe this happened, he actually asked me to marry him, Blake Matthew Stone, my love asked me to get married.

"Actually I feel a little overwhelmed, we're going to get married, and we're having a baby very soon."

"I know, isn't it wonderful." His blue eyes staring at me with a little twinkle made my heart flutter.

He kissed me slowly and pulled me close.

"I'm happy I decided to quit, I don't want to be the kind of father my father was, never home and always working, worrying about our safety because of his line of work. I know I may be still a part monster but I want to be there for you and this baby."

"You're not a monster, I've said that to you before , believe me you're more part saint than you know."

"How would you know?"

"You love us and you didn't give up, you fought battles for us, you actually have a heart that's for sure."

"Thank god I found you, without you I wouldn't have my heart back"

"Don't get all sappy on me now Mr.Stone" I chuckled, he smirked

"I like the sound of this, Mr.Stone and of course the sound of Juliet Stone much better."