Part XL

Nara's :

"It's Taehyung", Haru exhales. "He's at the hospital".

No.

Please.

No.

I can't remember how fast I am when I grab my bag and ran outside from my school.

I encountered the guard and the prefects again while I'm on my way out of the school but my feet just sped up as fast as it could. Luckily, a bus stopped at the bus stop and I immediately got in, merely escaped from getting caught again.

I tried dialing his number many times. All of them went directly to the voicemail. I think I was about call him the 20th time when I finally reached the hospital.

Kim Taehyung or V was admitted to Jungnam Hospital for further examination and treatment.

Here it is. I got off the bus and I run again. I went to see the nurse at the front desk and asked about Taehyung.

"What is your relationship with the patient, miss?", she asked me.

"I'm his girl- uh friend. Yeah, his friend".

"I'm sorry but for now only family's allowed to go visit him", she explained. I was on the edge of weeping heavily before I rephrased.

"And his c- cousin! I'm his cousin w- which is also his uh friend! Yeah, a cousin and a frie-"

"Calm down, miss. His room is A17, go straight this way and it will be on your right after 3 doors", she said while pointing nicely at the right.

I don't think my thank you was audible at that time as I sped walked to the room she told me.

A17. Kim Taehyung.

I took a deep breath before I twist the door knob and I swear a single tear fell down my cheek before I enter the room.

I was greeted by 7 pairs of eyes and one of them is from Taehyung. He was sitting on the bed with the head part of the bed slightly uplifted to ease his movement. Taehyung looked at me as surprised as I am. Same goes to the others. I saw Jimin was holding an uncapped marker pen and it pointed towards Taehyung's left arm.

Which was casted.

Taking a deep breath for the infinite time, I look at the ceiling and exhale in relief. I lose the feel of my arms that I didn't even realize that I dropped my bag on the floor. A few moments filled with silence and my continuous panting until Namjoon oppa suggested for them to leave me and Taehyung to talk alone. Which I was thankful for. The moment we are alone, Taehyung and I still locked at each other's gazes.

Taehyung spreads his right arm and smiles at me, "Are you going to just stand there or will you ever come into my arms?", He looks at his arm then he says "Oops sorry, my arm". He jokes.

I pick my dropped bag and immediately embrace him. As warm as I can. As tight as I can. And I bury my head onto his chest. Taehyung returns the favor as much as I could give him.

"Uh Nara-yah?", he finally speaks.

"Yea?".

"Don't you think you hugged me a little too tight? I think my lungs are all out of air", he chuckles.

I lightly smack his shoulder while I'm still at his chest. I loosen my grip around him a little. But I can't answer him with the loud thumping of my heart that barely survived the fear of losing him just now. As soon as Taehyung knows what's  happening, he kisses my hair warmly and pushes me off him slowly to look into my teary eyes. Which of course I didn't allow to. I look at my fingers that are twiddling with the hem of his hospital gown before Taehyung tilts my face to look at him.