Protective

Thanks to Blancaoo for suggesting this amazing one shot idea.

I think this one is more about how strong Farkle and Maya's relationship because we don't get to see much of them to together in GMW anymore. But I would never forget to put a bit of Lucaya in aswell.

-------------------------------------------------

Lucas' POV

I really wanted to ask Maya out and I was so worried because after everything we had been through I felt like maybe she didn't feel the same anymore.

"Hey, Farkle I need to talk to you!" I called down to where Farkle was standing in the corridor.

"What's up?" He asked me trying to figure out what I was going to say before I had even said it (which was just like him).

"Me and Riley are just friends now so I was wondering if you think I should finally ask Maya to go out?" When I asked him his face turned a different colour.

"Like a date?"

"Yeah, I really like her and I think she might still like me."

"No you shouldn't, I don't think she wants to date anyone." He explained.

"But..."

"No!" He insisted. I couldn't help but wonder why he didn't want me to ask her out and I hoped it was just him looking out for her and not that he had feelings for her himself.

Farkle's POV

I couldn't believe he was going to ask her out. I wasn't jealous or anything but I had sat around for hours listening to how much Maya liked him. She was so hurt having to watch them everyday for years and I just didn't want him to break her heart all over again.

"Farkle what's up?" I heard from beside me, I turned my head to see Maya lurking there.

"Ergh... Nothing, nothing to worry about." I tried to brush it off.

"Farkle I know when there's something wrong. Tell me!" She saw right through me.

"Lucas told me that he still liked you and wants to ask you out in a date."

"Right so why is that bothering you?" She asked trying hide the smile from what I had said.

"Because he asked me if I thought it was a good idea and I told him that you didn't want to date anyone."

"Why?" She questioned me.

"Because..." I sighed. "I know how hurt you were when they were together. What if you get hurt again?"

"You shouldn't worry about me. Sometimes you have to take a chance or life's just boring." What she said made complete sense but there was something at the back of my mind telling me that Lucas still might like Riley; it had always been Lucas and Riley. I had to talk to Lucas.

Lucas' POV

I saw Farkle walk through Riley's door and straight towards me and I knew that he wanted to talk about something serious.

"Bay window?" I asked.

"Bay window??!!" He nodded.

"So what's wrong Farkle?"

"I need to know something before I let anything happen." He spoke in monotone voice.

"Your making no sense what's going on?" I pressed him.

"I lied the other day." He sighed as if a weight of guilt had been lifted from his shoulders. "Maya likes you and I think she does want you to ask her out."

"Look Farkle if you like Maya I'll step back, you and her have always been close." I told him.

"What me and Maya?" He laughed. "No, I'm worried that you and Riley still have feelings for each other... I just don't want to her get hurt. Can you promise me that before you ask her out you make sure there are no feelings for Riley?"

"Farkle... There are no feelings for Riley!" I assured him.

"Ok." We sat in silence for a moment. "What are you waiting for then?" He asked me.

"Oh, right yeah." I Jumped up from the window and ran.

Maya's POV

I was on the side walk then heading towards Riley's when I saw Lucas run out off Riley's door.

"Hey huckleberry I waved. He stopped when he saw me and then started walking towards me smiling...

-------------------------------------------------

I love to leave them on a cliff hanger, hope you all enjoyed it.