Moment IV (4)

If you haven't read 'Moment III' one of my earlier one shots I would go read that now as it might be a little hard to follow otherwise.

Maya's POV

"I said no, and no means no!" I persisted. I slammed my locker door and walked towards the classroom door.

"Please Maya, just a few lessons?" He begged giving me his puppy dog eyes.

"Why do you even want to learn anyway?" I asked giving him a concerned look.

"I want to be able to do something else other than sports, so can you. Please?" He continued to plead.

"Fine, but if you get annoying we're stop straight away. Got it Huckleberry?" I sighed trying not to seem too frustrated.

"Yes, ok meet me at my house after school!" He chirped, smiling all the way into the classroom.

When I got to his house I felt a bit uneasy. It had been a month since the movie theater and I hoped that he doesn't mention anything about what happened that night, everything had changed him and Riley weren't together but I could never go after someone else's person especially my best friends.

"Hello, Maya" Mrs. Friar announced as she opened the door.

"Hi Mrs. Friar, is Lucas home, I'm supposed to give him a guitar lesson." I asked looking up the stairs.

"Errgh sweetheart... why? He already..." She tried to say with a confused look.

"MAYA, COME UPSTAIRS!" Lucas shouted over His mom, running down the stairs to get me. I shrugged off what had just happened and went up with him.

"So where do you want to start?" I asked as he jumped around his room listening to music.

"Errm, with the basics really!!" He yelled over the music.

"CAN YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY!" I screamed turning off the music and pushing him down on the bed. I never thought I'd be the serious one in a conversation.

"Ok ok, let's go." He sighed trying to look like he was interested.

An hour later...

"Wow, your doing really good for a beginner." I said giving him a big grin.

"Really, cos I've never played before." He replied.

"Oh my gosh. Is that the time, I have to go home, but you didn't annoy me too much so I guess we can do this again." I said trying not to let him know how happy I was.

"Ok good, did you want me to walk you home?" He asked.

"No its fine, Shawn's picking me up, but thanks anyway!" I replied running down his stairs and out the front door. When I got outside his front door I found it hard to breath, I realized that he still made me feel so good inside. I still liked huckleberry.

Lucas' POV

When Maya left I sat on my bed and thought about how good today was. I knew she would never want to betray Riley but it still felt great to be around her.

*knock knock* my bedroom door.

My mom walked through and stared at me with her all knowing eyes.

"What you just did to that girl was wrong!" She said giving me a stern stare.

"It was a white lie, she'll never know." I replied trying to give her my very best puppy dog eyes.

"No Lucas youhave to tell her the truth, NO buts!" She demanded. I knew I would give in eventually so I just nodded to save us both time and energy.

Once she had left the room I got up and went into my closet and pulled out my guitar that I had hid earlier from Maya. I sat in my bed holding the guitar and said to myself

"Why did you choose something you already know how to play?" I then picked it up and started to play my favorite song.