Confusion

Thankyou to Bilbobaggins00 who suggested I do this this one shot and to
Butterflipinkcutie who also suggested it.

This is going to be a really long one but hopefully you can follow it. And as usual comment if you have any suggestions.

Lucas POV

I was walking down the hallways of our school minding my own business when... I was pulled into this dark cupboard I couldn't see anything.

PING!!!

On turned a light and less than 10 centimeters away from me was Maya.

"Lucas, I can't do this anymore. I know you like Riley and she likes you so I'm gonna step back. But you have to decide who you like more now!!" She whispered trying not to let anyone passing in the halls hear us but still allowing the words to come out really quickly.

"Maya why are you doing this?" I asked her I didn't like Riley anymore and I knew she didn't like me (FARKLE!!). She breathed heavily for a moment looking at me with pain I'm her eyes.

"I can't take it anymore...when I see you two together it gives me this sick feeling and it's making me ill you have to either choose me or let me go so I can finally get over you." She started to cry and a tear rolled down her cheek. As I wiped away her tears I realized I couldn't do this to her anymore I really liked her but she was stronger without me I was making her weak and I knew that the Maya I knew, the Maya we all knew was the strongest person. She would never believe that I had and always will like her.

"I choose Riley." I said I couldn't bear saying it but I knew without me getting in her way she would be stronger and better. She would be Maya again. I saw her face and I got this ache in the middle of my stomach, things were gong to change.

Maya's POV

When I heard him say them words I knew that Riley would always be the one that he truly liked and I needed to get away from that, just for a while.

"Ok, I'm gonna stay away for a while just to let myself move on when I'm ready I'll come back." I tried to put on a brave smile but the tears kept falling down. I kissed him on the cheek and left the closet.

Lucas' POV

When she left the ache still didn't go away I couldn't tell what it was. Was it guilt? Or had I made the biggest mistake of my life? I saw her walking down the halls at highschool but she didn't seem any happier without me and the same could have been said about me. I thought leaving her alone would allow her to be herself again but she just looked broken. I walked along the corridor and at one point out eyes locked but she didn't respond at all. It was just a blank canvas.

"What's going on with Maya?" I heard Riley and farkle come up behind me. I turned around to see two concerned faces.

"She's never gonna believe how much I like her." I said to them before slamming my locker and walking down the hallway.

Riley's POV

I Felt so bad for the two of them especially when everything for me was going so right.

"Are we ever going to tell them?" I whispered to Farkle as Lucas walked down the hallway away from us.

"Yh we'll tell them tonight at topanga's, ok?" He replied looking around before taking my hand.

That night...

Lucas' POV

I sat next to Maya in the booth and I didn't know what to say. But  I couldn't take it anymore I just wanted to tell her how much she meant to to me.

"Maya?" I whispered. She turned her head.

"Yes huckleberry?" She replied smiling. She seemed fine without me, maybe she was happier without me.

"Nothing." I said and I closed my eyes. I couldn't confuse her any longer.

Maya's POV

"Yes huckleberry." I said feeling a little glimmer of hope bubble up. I couldn't help but smile because I just wanted him to tell me how much he liked me. I wanted him to regret his decision.

"Nothing." That's all he said. I was wrong for hoping, he had and he always would like Riley.

"I have to go to the bathroom." He shouted over to Riley and Farkle as he sprinted away from me.

"Maya your the first one to know. Me and Farkle are giving it a go." Riley squealed with excitement.

"Wait what? What about Lucas?" I questioned them.

"Lucas has always like you, he said the other day how much he likes you." She smiled

"But then he mumbled something like how you would never believe how much he liked you." Farkle continued.

"Wait so you telling me Lucas likes me." I asked them trying to hold in my tears.

"If you don't know it by now Maya we should all be a bit worried." Riley replied.

I couldn't hold them it any longer I felt so relieved, he had always liked me.

Lucas' POV

I walked out of the bathroom to find Maya crying in the booth.

"What's going on?" I asked with cumfusion all over my face.

Maya looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back feeling even more confused than before but she shot up out of the chair and ran over to me wrapping her legs around my waist and pressing her soft lips against mine. We were gonna be...