Chapter Five: The Goodbyes

Start from the beginning

Rake: Stop. There is a temple just a few meters away. Follow my every step.

Logan: Yes sir.

We entered the temple and avoided a couple traps. After some time, we entered a huge room. Oh wow! The temple is filled with green Ice!

Rake: Get ready

Logan: For what?

Suddenly, a giant tail covered in green ice spikes fell from the ceiling. I think it was the boss. We both managed to dodge it in time

Logan: Icy Wind!!!

I used my most powerful spell. It only dealt 3 points of damage!!

Logan: Impossible! What is this thing?!?

Rake: One of the most powerful Legendary bosses! Thanks for buying me time! Holy Shadow Chained Sword Hurricane!!!

Mr. Rake just used a powerful spell!!! Swords started appear and impaled the Monster!

Rake: Amadeus lend me your power!!! Confinement!!!

Chains appeared out of thin air and wrapped the monster. He was unable to move!

Rake: Amethyst Lend me your power!!! Sacred Cannon!!!!

*BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!*

Logan: Ugh, What power! If he casts another one of those, the whole temple will be destroyed!!

Rake: Kaiser now!!!!

Logan: Did he just say Kaiser?

Kaisers POV:

Now's my time.

Kaiser: Stardust Destroyer!!!

*BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!*

Piece of cake. I just hope he has what I came for. That thing is essential for the future of NLO.

Logan's POV:

This kaiser guy, he is the real thing. One hit from his sword and the Legendary Boss is literally rendered helpless. He even broke Mr. Rakes chains!

Rake: Bind!

Chains strapped the monster to the floor.

Kaiser: Now is your turn kiddo, hit him with all you got.

Logan: Yes Kaiser Sir. Icy Wind!!!

A strong gust of cold wind followed by Icicles hit the monster. He became surrounded by a green light and was compressed into a gem.

Rake: Congratulations Logan! You got your first soul gem! Now, grab it and absorb its power.

I grabbed the gem and did as I was told.

Kaiser: Well done kiddo. Now, where is the Sword?

Logan: Sword?

Mr. Kaiser looked at Mr. Rake

Rake: Don't worry about it. I'll go talk with Kaiser in private.

Kaiser and Rake went away. Great. I'm all alone now.

Ice serpent: You are not alone child.

Logan: What? Who are you?!?

Ice serpent: I am Adonis, The embodiment of living Ice. I am a part of you now.

Logan: No way! I can speak with you!

Adonis: Yes. We are now bound to each other. Now, let me tell you about myself.

Rake's POV:

Rake: kaiser are you sure about this?

Kaiser: Yes. This is the only way.

Rake: Flynn, Mercer and I will all
Miss you.

Kaiser: I know. Also, one last gift. Give me your hand.

Kaiser grabbed a blade and placed it in my hand.

Rake: Impossible! Is that Ragnarok?!?!

Kaiser: Don't tell anyone. This blade is my last gift for you. But now its farewell.

Rake: Bye kaiser. And thank you.

Kaiser: Next time I see you, I want you to be able to defeat a world boss!

And so kaiser disappeared. The walk back was short. I smiled at Logan. It seems he has already become friends with his monster soul. He calls it Adonis now. It's good to see him so happy. After that, we both logged out.

But if what Kaiser told me is correct, then the world of new life online will never be the same.

Kaiser's POV:

*Step* *Step* *Step*

Balboa: Oh my! If it isn't the Dragon King. I haven't seen you since your little duel with Midas.

Balboa, or better said the snake queen is a tall woman with Black hair and Deep green eyes. She has long black nails and wears dark green revealing armor.

Kaiser: Long time no see Snake queen.

Balboa: So, what brings you to my little hideout?

Kaiser: I need your help.

What will happen to the world of new life online? What are Logan's new powers? Is Rake ever going to be able to beat a world
Boss? Don't miss the next chapter
Of...
New Life Online: Rise of a new Empire!

Ps: the cover for this chapter is the final hallway to the Adonis' Chamber.