Chapter 18

Goals: 15 views and 3 votes please:)
---------------------------------------------

We rush into the house Kyser running in front of me at a time like this I wish my legs weren't so short. Everyone seems to understand that it's important because they move right out of the way. As we reach the door Kyser runs in closing the door right in my face. I start knocking on the door hard pleading to get in, but I guess he just wants to be alone at the moment.I can hear crying and what sounds to be like some glass being broken. I bang on the door fearful of what I might see.

I finally give in and open it. I see a angry Kyser holding onto his moms hand. She looks really pale. The room is a mess all of the flower pots are broken, what remains lies on the floor along with its contents. I lightly step over the mess and grab Kyser's hand.

"Everything will be okay.." I whisper crouching to his eye level.

"How can you say that?" He sniffs "Both of your parents are alive and well! You don't know anything!" He yells making me jump.

"Well I haven't got to see them in months..so in a way I kinda do" I reply trying to stay calm.

"You know what? Just go home" he mumbles wiping his nose.

"Kyser you're not thinking straight right now. You don't mean that" I assure him.

"No. If I wasn't so focused on you I could've spent more time with her" he all but yells at me.

It hurts to see him this way, since he marked me I can actually feel his pain right now. I know he's just upset, but I don't like him blaming all of this on me. Maybe I should leave him alone?

"Kyser..I love you" I whisper hugging him.

I feel him wrap his arms tightly around my waist making me sit on his lap. His head is in the crook of my neck I can feel his tears that he doesn't want to show. I run my fingers through his hair and give him light kisses on the forehead. This has broke him. And now I seriously don't know how to fix him. What if I can't?

He pulls away looking at me through tears which I wipe away quickly. I place one last kiss on his cheek before I get up and look at his mother The Luna Sapphire. Her once soft grey eyes are now forever closed. Her beautiful voice will never be heard again, but atleast she's with Alpha Link. They were a beautiful couple. I smooth her brown hair back so I can look at her face more clearly I can tell she wasn't in pain, no she was peaceful she went peacefully probably in her sleep. Her tan skin is now a milky white that is cold to the touch almost like the life was sucked right out of her. I finally pick up a couple of daisies that was on the floor and place them in her hand.

"I'm sorry Rosa..I need you. I love you" Kyser cries wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"I'll never leave you" I whisper.

We stay in the room for another hour or so until we leave. Kyser wants us both to stay in the room he wants to be alone..but with me if that makes sense? I know he doesn't want people giving him pitiful looks and telling him how sorry they are. I bet the Elders are on their way as we speak. We make it to the room and Kyser sits on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands as I sit next to him rubbing his back.

"Could you..tell me about her?" I ask cautiously.

"She was a great mom. She was the type to sing you a lullaby when you was sick. Or was always trying new things." He starts his eyes glowing at the memories. "She was a terrible cook, but atleast she tried" he laughs.

"Sounds like a fun mom" I smile.

"One time I tracked mud in all over our brand new white carpet she was furious, but instead of punishing me she made me plant flowers with her" he says through laughter.

"My mom would have been ticked" I comment laughing.

"That's why I can't fully...mate yet. I don't want to until we're married that's how my parents did and so do I" he replies making the situation serious.

"That would make me more comfortable.." I admit shyly.

"I'm glad that I have you.." He whispers taking my hand.

I scoot closer to him, I lean my head on his shoulder. I know he's hurting and won't be the same after this I am lucky to even have both of my parents here's Kyser who lost both of his. I still want to know the story about his dad, but I'm scared it'll wreck all the hard work I put into him opening up my curiosity is killing me.

"Kyser..what happened with your dads and the rouges?" I ask shaking slightly as I feel him tense.

"I can't tell you..yet. You'll blame me I just know it" he replies standing up.

"You don't have to tell me today, but I do want to hear the story soon" I smile standing by him and taking his hand once again.

"Deal" he smiles weakly.

I get a boost of courage as I stand up on my tippy toes and kiss him softly. I wrap my arms around his neck as his goes around my waist he kisses back, without hesitation making me smile into the kiss, once we pull away I see a small blush on his cheeks.

"What was that for?" He asks.

"You deserve it" I reply simply.

I know it'll be a while before he gets over his mother dying, heck he may never get over it. I just know that I will stay by his side forever after all we are mates.