Chapter 15: The Yule Ball

AN: The couples are Harry and Athena, Ron and Hermione, Pansy and Jason, Draco and Ginny, Fred and Angelina, George and Michelle, Vincent and Katie, Gregory and Alicia, Seamus and Lavender,and Dean and Pravatti ,Viktor and Susan, Roger and Fleur, Cedric and Cho, Neville and Luna.

Despite the very heavy load of homework that the fourth years had been given for the holidays. Harry was in no mood to work when term ended, and spent the week leading up to Christmas enjoying himself as fully as possible along with everyone else. Gryffindor Tower was hardly less crowded now than during term-time; it seemed to have shrunk slightly too, as its inhabitants were being so much rowdier than usual. Fred and George had had a great success with their Canary Creams, and for the first couple of days of the holidays, people kept bursting into feather all over the place. Before long, however, all the Gryffindors had learned to treat food anybody else offered them with extreme caution, in case it had a Canary Cream concealed in the center, and George confided to Harry that he and Fred were now working on developing something else.

Harry made a mental note never to accept so much as a crisp from Fred and George in future. He still hadn't forgotten Dudley and the Ton-Tongue Toffee. Snow was falling thickly upon the castle and its grounds now. The pale blue Beauxbatons carriage looked like a large, chilly, frosted pumpkin next to the iced gingerbread house that was Hagrid's cabin, while the Durmstrang ship's portholes were glazed with ice, the rigging white with frost. The house-elves down in the kitchen were outdoing themselves with a series of rich, warming stews and savory puddings, and only Fleur Delacour seemed to be able to find anything to complain about.

"It is too 'eavy, all zis 'Ogwarts food," they heard her saying grumpily as they left the Great Hall.

"You're joking, Weasley!" said Zabinni, behind them. "You're not telling me someone's asked that to the ball? Not the long-molared Mudblood?" ;Athena, Harry, Ron,Draco, and Jason all whipped around, but Hermione said loudly, waving to somebody over Zabinni shoulder, "Hello, Professor Moody!

"zabinni went pale and jumped backward, looking wildly around for Moody, but he was still up at the staff table, finishing his stew. "Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Zabinni?" said Hermione scathingly, and she,Athena , Harry, and Ron went up the marble staircase laughing heartilyinto the common room. Hermione said hey guys look Hedwig is here and Midnight is to. Harry and Athena smiled and they landed gracefully in front of them.

They pulled the letters and packages off the two owls. There was three packages on each of them. Athena said hold on guys.

They all cricled around them and she read the letter to everyone it said we all went shopping for you guys in the packages are your dress robes enjoy your dance and take lots of pics we love you guys. love all of us. P.S there should be three more owls coming in the next few minutes and the next few minutes there were three more owls waiting for Athena to take the packages off them the five owls all flew off to the owlery.

Athena went through the packages and handed them all to there owners. the girls all looked at eachother and ran up to their Dorm room.

The Girls looked at each other and opened them Athena  got a purple knee length strapless dress, Hermione got a blue knee length strapless dress, Pansy got a black knee length strapless dress,Ginny had a pink knee length off the shoulder dress Amber had A red  knee length off the shoulder dress. Luna had a light pink knee length strapless dress The girls all smiled and squeled we're are gonna knock them dead tommorow.

~Time Skip~

Harry awoke very suddenly on Christmas Day. Wondering what had caused his abrupt return to consciousness, he opened his eyes, and saw something with very large, round, green eyes staring back at him in the darkness, so close they were almost nose to nose."Dobby!" Harry yelled, scrambling away from the elf so fast he almost fell out of bed. "Don't do that!""Dobby is sorry, sir!" squeaked Dobby anxiously, jumping backward with his long fingers over his mouth. "Dobby is only wanting to wish Harry Potter 'Merry Christmas' and bring him a present, Sir! Harry Potter did say Dobby could come and see him sometimes, sir!"It's okay," said Harry, still breathing rather faster than usual, while his heart rate returned to normal.