Chapter 6: First Day Of Classes

AN Bold italics are when I write that someone opens their letter and Italics are what the letter says and sorry I haven't updated lately there has been a crap load of stuff going on thank you guys for being patient. school is going to be starting soon so when it starts there will be less updates and if I get the job I applied for there will be even less updates and longer waits .

Author's P.O.V.

The storm had passed by the next morning even though the ceiling mirrored the weather outside gloomy, heavy clouds of pewter grey swirled overhead as Athena, Harry, Hermione, Ron and Jason examined their new timetables at breakfast. A few seats along Amber, Fred, George and Lee Jordan were discussing magical methods of ageing themselves and bluffing their way into the triwizard tournament. Today isn't bad. We are outside all morning said Ron, who was running his finger down his timetable. Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures... Damn it we are still with the Slytherins.

Harry said Double Arithmancy this afternoon. There was a sudden rustling noise above them, and a hundred owls came soaring in through the windows. Harry and Athena looked up and saw their owls flying straight to them they smiled at each other and their owls landed in front of them they carefully removed the letters off their owls and handed them some bacon and they took off.

Athena opened her letter; The letter said Dearest Athena we miss you already ,Jessica cries every night for you to come back to her. your father is going nuts without knowing that you're safe and that you are being careful and he's not there to protect you if anything happens to you. I miss you too but I know Albus will protect you like you are his granddaughter and Harry will do anything to protect you. we all love you and miss you please be careful. write soon love Mom, Dad and Jessica.

Harry opened his letter; The letter said Dear Harry we can't wait to see you. We miss you already. Your mother is currently on bed rest with the due date of your little sister getting closer. We haven't come up with a name for her. Your mom misses you like crazy she is going nuts not knowing that if you're safe or not be extremely careful this year.

Well I gotta go. Your mom is calling my name if you or your friends have any ideas on a name for your sister let me know. write soon love Mum and Dad and your baby sister.Harry said I need help guys. I gotta come up with a name for my baby sister. his friends smiled and looked at Athena. She said, ''Why are you guys looking at me?''

Amber said you came up with Jessica and Jeanette's name. Athena said okay fine well there is Emerald Violet Lily Christine Potter.

Harry smiled and said okay I will write mum and dad right now before classes. Harry wrote hastily to his parents in the letter he wrote Athena suggested this name Emerald Violet Lily Christine Potter. I hope you guys like it as much as I do.

Harry called Hedwig back and she came flying in and landed in front of him. He tied the note onto her leg and said take that to mum and dad. She nodded and flew off. Athena and Hermione said okay guys time to go to classes. They all got up and headed to Herbology.

They got there and professor Sprout said today we will be learning about Bubotubers and saying they will be collecting the pus. What Seamus Finnegan said sounded revolted. Pus Finnegan said Professor Sprout and it's incredibly valuable so don't waste it.

You will collect the pus in these bottles. wear your dragon hide gloves it can do funny things to skin when undiluted, Bubotuber Pus. Squeezing the Bubotubers was disgusting , but oddly satisfying.

As each swelling was popped, a large amount of thick yellowish green liquid burst forth , which smelled strongly of petrol. They caught it in bottles as professor Sprout had indicated, and by the end of the lesson had collected several pints. A booming bell echoed from the castle across the wet grounds, signalling the end of the lesson, and the class separated; the Hufflepuffs going towards the castle for transfiguration, and the Gryffindors heading in the other direction down the sloping lawn towards Hagrid's small wooden cabin, which stood at the edge of the forbidden forest.

Hagrid was standing outside his hut, one hand on the collar of his enormous black boarhound, Fang. There were several open wooden crates on the ground at his feet, and fang was whimpering and straining at his collar , apparently keen to investigate the contents more closely.

As they drew nearer an odd rattling noise reached their ears, punctuated by what sounded like minor explosions. 'Morning'!' Hagrid said , grinning at Athena Harry ,Hermione ,Ron ,Draco,Jason,Pansy,Vincent and Gregory. Be'er wait for the rest of the Slytherins, they won't want to miss this - Blast-Ended Skrewts!'

Come again? said Ron. Hagrid pointed down into the crates 'Eurgh!' Squealed Lavender Brown, jumping backwards. Eurgh just about summed up the Blast-Ended Skrewts, in Athena's opinion.

They looked like deformed, shell-less lobsters, horribly pale and slimy-looking, with legs sticking out in every direction. They also didn't have any visible heads.There were about a hundred of them in each crate, they were each about six inches long, crawling on top of each other bumping into the walls of the crate. They were giving off a very powerful stench of rotting fish. Every now and then , sparks would fly out of the end of a skrewt and, with a small phut, it would be propelled forwards several inches.

They only just hatched, said Hagrid proudly so you'll be able to raise em yourselves! Thought we'd make it a bit of a project of it! And why would we want to raise them? Said a cold voice. The Slytherins had arrived.

The speaker was Blaise Zabinni and his goons were chuckling appreciatively at his words. Hagrid looked stumped on that question. I mean what do they do? Asked Zabinni.
What is the point of them?

Hagrid opened his mouth, apparently thinking hard; there was a few seconds pause, then he said roughly, that's the next lesson Zabinni. Yer just' feeding' them today. You might want to try them on a few different things- I've never had them before, not sure what they'll go fer- I got ant eggs and' frog livers an' a bit of' grass snakes- just try' em out with a bit of each.' first pus now this,' muttered Seamus.

Nothing but deep affection for Hagrid could make them pick up squelchy handfuls of frog liver and lower them into the crates to tempt the Blast ended skrewts. Harry couldn't suppress the suspicion that the whole thing was pointless; they didn't seem to have mouths.

'Ouch!' yelled Dean Thomas, after about ten minutes . 'It got me!' Hagrid hurried over to him looking anxious. its end exploded! said Dean angrily, showing Hagrid a burn on his hand.