Chapter 10: The Five Champions

Harry sat there, aware that every head in the Great Hall had
turned to look at him. There was no applause. A buzzing, as though of angry bees, was
starting to fill the Hall; some students were standing up to get a better look at Harry as he stood up and walked up to Dumbledore. Dumbledore whispered in his ear remember what your parents said. Up at the top table, Professor McGonagall had got to her feet and swept past Ludo Bagman and Professor Karkaroff to whisper urgently to Professor Dumbledore, who bent his ear toward her,
frowning slightly Harry turned to Ron and Hermione; beyond them, he saw the long Gryffindor table all watching. 

Harry turned to Ron and Hermione.  At the top table, Professor Dumbledore had straightened up, nodding to Professor McGonagall. "Harry Potter!" he called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

"Go on," Hermione whispered we know you didnt we were with you the whole day and Athena's Vision is proof, giving Harry a slight push. Harry got to his feet, trodded on the hem of his robes, and stumbled slightly. He set off up the gap between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables. It felt like an immensely long walk; the top table didn't seem to be getting any nearer at all, and he could feel hundreds and hundreds of eyes upon him, as though each were a searchlight. 

The buzzing grew louder and louder. After what seemed like an hour, he was right in front of Dumbledore, feeling the stares of all the teachers upon him. "Well.. . through the door, Harry," said Dumbledore. He looked worried. Harry moved off along the teachers' table. Hagrid was seated right at the end.

He smiled at Harry. Harry went through the door out of the Great Hall and found himself in a smaller room, lined with paintings of witches and wizards. A handsome fire was roaring in the fireplace opposite him. The faces in the portraits turned to look at him as he entered. He saw a wizened witch flit out of the frame of her picture and into the one next to it, which contained a wizard with a walrus mustache.

The wizened witch started whispering in his ear. Athena ,Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory, and Fleur Delacour were grouped around the fire. They looked strangely impressive, silhouetted against the flames. Krum, hunched up and brooding, was leaning against the mantelpiece, slightly apart from the other two. Cedric was standing with his hands behind his back, staring into the fire. Fleur Delacour looked around when Harry walked in and threw back her sheet of long, silvery hair.  Athena  was sitting there with a look Harry hasn't seen in a long time fear.

Fleur said"What is it?" she said. "Do zey want us back in ze Hall?" She thought he had come to deliver a message. Harry didn't know how to explain what had just happened.

Athena spoke up and said no Harry is getting forced to take part in the tournament like myself her voice broke at the end of that sentence. He walked right up to her and pulled her close to him and said we will be fine love. Athena said I know but I don't want to die in this tournament My family needs me. Harry said Tina that is the exact reason why we need to do this.

He pulled her to the side away from  the other champions and said remember we have gifts that can come in handy love. Athena  said okay well the teachers are about to walk in let's go stand with the others. The teachers walked in and Dumbledore said Harry did you put your name in the goblet. Harry said no sir I did not. Athena said sir Harry will willing go under vitrissium.

Dumbledore looked into Athena's  head and saw her plan. Dumbledore said Severus please go get vitrissium Severus said no need headmaster I got some here. Severus walked up to Harry and put a drop on his tongue. Dumbledore asked what is your name and occupation at Hogwarts. Harry answered and said Harry James Potter year 4 Gryffindor.

He then asked did you Harry Potter put your name in the goblet Harry said no I didn't sir. He then asked did you ask an older student to put it in for you no sir I did not. Dumbledore said okay. Severus walked and dropped a drop on his tounge.“Got to give our champions their instructions, haven’t we?

Barty, want to do the honors?” Mr. Crouch seemed to come out of a deep reverie. “Yes,” he said, “instructions.
Yes . . . the first task . . .” He moved forward into the firelight. Close up, Harry thought he looked ill.

There were dark shadows beneath his eyes and a thin papery look about his wrinkled skin that had not been there at the Quidditch World Cup. “The first task is designed to test your daring,” he told Athena,Harry, Cedric, Fleur, and Viktor, “so we are not going to be telling you what it is. Courage in the face of the unknown is an important quality in a wizard . . . very important. . . . “The first task will take place on November the twenty-fourth, in front of the other students and the panel of judges.

“The champions are not permitted to ask for or accept help of any kind from their teachers to complete the tasks in the tournament. The champions will face the first challenge armed only with their wands.

They will receive information about the second task when the first is over. Owing to the demanding and time consuming nature of the tournament, the champions are exempted from end-of-year tests.” Mr. Crouch turned to look at Dumbledore. “I think that’s all, is it, Albus?” “I think so,” said Dumbledore, who was looking at Mr. Crouch with mild concern.

“Are you sure you wouldn’t like to stay at Hogwarts tonight, Barty?” “No, Dumbledore, I must get back to the Ministry,” said Mr. Crouch. “It is a very busy, very difficult time at the moment. Dumbledore said there you have it  you all are dissmissed I will tell the whole school tommorow at breakfast what happened here tonight goodnight.

the others left and Dumbledore turned to Athena and Harry and said I would like to talk to you guys about a few things tommorow meet me in my office after lunch I really like lemondrops. the two of then nodded and headed out to the entrance hall where they saw their friends and went to them and headed to the Gryffindor tower. Draco turned to Harry and said good acting mate. Harry smiled and the others laughed.