2. Out of Bounds (Harry Potter)

"Elsie Malfoy!" The witch with the tight bun, with a weary face called my name to get chosen in the house. Surprised gasps, and whispers were audible throughout the entire Hall.

We arrived into Hogwarts moments after the train stopped. In the midst of getting to the school, I got lost in the crowd. Which, frankly, was typical for me. A nice guy helped me find my way though, his name was Harry Potter. I couldn't place my finger on it, but his name was oddly familiar. I would be lying if I said I didn't flirt with him. I did. Hey, genetics right? Draco's a player, I'm a player. It ran in the family. I didn't even bother giving him my last name, I didn't want to scare him off. Once he led me to the right direction, he departed to go with his friends.

I found Draco seconds later.

My pumps clicked as I walked towards the stool, standing over the short eleven year olds, who looked up to me. Draco stood at the height of 6"1, me by 5"10. It amazed me, how tall I could be I mean. Not even a second on my head, the Sorting Hat calls out 'Slytherin.' Applause came from the table as I smirked triumphantly, making my way towards the table.

Once all the newest students were sorted into their respective houses, dinner was served. I got acquainted to some of my housemates, most of them were nice to me. The other I didn't care about only wanted to get closer to Draco.

[-]

"Hi."

I looked up from the book I was in the middle of reading, 'A Million Little Pieces,' from James Frey. The girl in front of me had brunette hair flowing down to her waist. Her hair was neatly combed, and put into two pigtails, and she had pin straight bangs across her forehead. Except, it was slightly longer than it should be, because it was covering her forest green eyes. She was slightly tan, and I could tell under her baggy shirt, she had a body that every girl would die for. But why be so timid? She was in Slytherin after all. Setting my book aside, with the book mark placed right in the middle, I got up and gave her a friendly hug.

"Why so shy..." I was waiting for her to say her name.

"Rebecca." She quietly replied, still not looking me directly in the eye.

"Rebecca." I repeated, absorbing her name into my brain. She nodded at the sound of her name. "Why so shy?" I repeated my question. She replied with a shrug.

"You-you're a M-Malfoy." She stuttered. I rolled my eyes at the real reason she gave me. I was a Malfoy. It was simple for a Slytherin like her, she still feared one of her kind.

"Your point?" I snapped with attitude. I bit my tongue when I saw her cringe. "We're in the same house, you're a pureblood, so why to you cower before me?"

"I-I'm not a p-pureblood." She whispered. I barely even heard her say it. I stood there shocked to find out that she wasn't a pureblood, yet she wore the robes of a Slytherin. Why was she even in this house then? "I-I ge-get picked on a-a lot b-because of it. E-especially fr-from yo-your brother."

Oh. So she thought I was your typical 'male' pureblood from the Malfoy family. The ones who don't take lightly in the people they target. Draco must insult her on a daily, seeing as how she cowered in fear before myself. It's a pity, I don't like that in anyone. Fear is something that should be hidden in a person, you need to show strength. Anything but fear, or mercy either. That was just something I've always been taught.

"You won't be getting that from me." I replied in a monotonic voice, walking back to my bed. "But you're not getting a friendship either."

Sometimes I just had to follow in the footsteps in my family. Draco picked on her for not being a pureblood. I won't talk to her for her cowardly attitude. Hey, if you're in Slytherin, play the part, be the bitch everyone expects you to be. Who cares what the jealous people are thinking, just know, they're obsessing over you.