Her feet tripped against a log just at the exit and my eyes widened when I saw her about to fall.

Instinctively, my hands reached to steady her, and instead of falling on the ground, she fell against me.

Her body rested against the crook of my neck, while I patted her hair gently. "You did it!" I told her, unable to contain the overwhelming sense of awe and pride I felt for her, "You proved them all wrong!"

Her violet eyes met mine and she smiled faintly. But then, her eyes began to droop, and it took me a second to realize what was about to happen.

Her body went limp in my arms and her eyes were tightly closed. Her pulse was slowing down.

Damn. She had fainted.

Without a second thought, I scooped her up in my arms and turned around.

My gaze fell on my pack members, who were looking at her unconscious form in shock. Instead of explaining anything to them, I motioned towards Dylan to come and help me.

"Call the hospital." I told him urgently, "Tell Marcus we're bringing her right now."

He fished out his phone from his pocket and speed dialled. His gaze fell on Kiara while the phone still rang, and he paused for a moment, "We are proud of her," he told me, "we are honestly proud to have a brave Luna like her."

* * *

She was lying on the bed, sleeping soundly. It had been a while since she was brought here and had been injected with painkillers.

She let out a soft snore and I chuckled. She mumbled something about a Miss snobby bitch and a jerk. I wondered if she was again dreaming about her horrid mate. Even the thought of him made my blood boil after what he had done to her.

She stirred at the sound, and I immediately fell silent hoping I didn't awaken her.

Too late...

Her eyes fluttered open and they met mine.
Her lips curved into a sweet smile when she saw me.

"You were here all this time?"

Yes.

"No," I reassured her, "I just came in. The doctor was checking on you, while you were asleep."

She nodded her head. "Good. There's no permanent damage, is there?"

"Luckily no. The effect of Wolfsbane must be wearing off by now. It's nearly ten hours."

"Ten hours? I've been sleeping for ten hours, really?" She asked me in disbelief.

"More like snoring for ten hours." I told her smirking.

She looked away, blushing. "Nonsense. I don't snore! That's a very unladylike thing to do!"

I rolled my eyes, "Oh yeah, sure you don't. It was just my ears ringing!"

Our conversation was interrupted when Dr. Marcus entered with a nurse tagging along. He had a small sterilised knife in his hand, and I didn't miss the frown on Kiara's face when she saw it.

"What's that for?" She asked him eying the weapon warily.

Marcus drew nearer, but she leaned further back. "Maintain a distance, mister, if you are coming with a knife!" She squeaked nervously.

"Come on Ki!" I told her, "It's just going to pain for a second. Just like injections."

"Who said I liked injections?" She snapped. "When has any sane person ever liked injections?"