02| Rogue Attack✔️

***
Behind every little sister
there's a big sister holding a bat
saying, "You wanna say that
again, buddy?"

***

I watched Ashton struggling to find a convincing lie with unconcealed amusement.

"I don't-"

I cut him off. "Just come. The party won't be that bad." I told him. Luckily, Nicole wasn't paying attention to us anymore.

He pouted unhappily. "Fine, Mom! If that's what you really want. . ." He seemed so grumpy that I wanted to pull his cheeks at the puppy eyed look he gave me.

Instead, I stuck my tongue out at him and ruffled his hair, since I knew it would set him off. Ash absolutely hated it when I messed up his out-of-bed hairstyle (or whatever it's called.).

He gave me a glare and and tried to set his hair again. "Go away. I hate you."

I placed my hand over my chest, feigning hurt. "Ouch, you just broke a girl's heart!"

He shot another glare and eyed his reflection sorrowfully in the spoon. "Right. Like that's ever possible."

I chuckled and stood up as the bell rang. "See you at the gym after an hour." I told Ariana, who was watching us banter with a small smile on her face. She nodded and gave me a quick hug.

"What was that for?" I asked, surprised at her sudden show of affection.

She shrugged. "I don't know. For being my sister whom I can't help loving?"

I blinked and this time I hugged her back tightly. "Care to explain what that was for?" She asked me with a laugh.

"Because I love you too." I told her sincerely. She may be stupid, eccentric, immature and foolish, but after all she was my sister. I would move planets to find her if she was ever taken from me.

"What's wrong with the two of you?" Ashton asked us, baffled at our behavior. "Are you both menstruating?"

We flushed red. "Werewolves don't menstruate, Ashton."

He shrugged cluelessly. "I see a lot of this from my sister too. I always thought she officially lost her head once a month."

Ariana chuckled. "Maybe it's you, not the hormones. You annoy her until she loses her mind."

He merely cast her a sheepish smile and turned towards our next class.

I, on the other hand, patted her lightly on her shoulder. "Bye again, Boo!"

She rolled her eyes. "Until we meet again!" she waved back just as dramatically. Aden just gave me a hesitant smile as he took her hand and walked away.

Little did I know that was the last time that I would hug her. The last time I'd see her smile.

Though my sister and I were twins we were nothing alike. She was blonde and blue eyed, while I was brunette with light violet eyes. She took after our mother while I was a replica of our father.

In many ways I wanted to be like her. She was beautiful. People gravitated towards her. Liked her. While, I was more of a prankster who hardly cared about her looks.

With these thoughts in mind, Ashton and I made our way to the chemistry class. Nonsensical chatter filled the corridors and I was barely paying them any attention, until a voice in my head stopped me dead in my tracks.