14| Childish Pranks ✔️

Start from the beginning

"Not much of a morning person are we?" Max asked me, clearly adoring the scowl on my face.

"If your method of waking me up is by howling like a banshee then obviously no!" I snapped. My hair was untamed and I looked positively appalling when I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. If my threats weren't scary enough, my appearance most certainly was. "And now get out, before I make up my mind to shoot the three of you!" I added before roughly throwing them out.

"Wishing you a pleasant day, milady." Nick bowed.

I shut the door on his face.

Stupid, irritating twins.

With I sigh, I leaned on the door. I had a long day ahead of me, with all the pranks to play and people to stay away from today.

Taking out a pair of white shorts and casual tee from the wardrobe,  dragged my feet towards the bathroom. Quickly, I brushed my teeth, showered and shampooed my hair. Little did I know then, how well I shampooed it. Patting my hair dry, I didn't bother checking my appearance when I exited.

It was only when folding up the blankets when I caught myself in the mirror. Shock would be an understatement when I noticed my reflection.

My jaw dropped in horror at the sight before me.

Unbelievable. Absolutely un fucking believable.

There I stood with my crowning glory - Bright Green Hair.

It didn't take a genius to figure out who were the culprits who meddled with the shampoo bottle while I was asleep. Traces of their scent still lingered in the bathroom.

It took me a few seconds to come to my senses, and when I finally did, I was blinded by rage. I threw my own door open and it nearly came off the hinges with the force I applied. With a snarl, I flew into their room and began to hit them black and blue.

"You bloody. . . Double crossing. . . Rascals!" I shrieked at them, punctuating each punch with a curse. "Piece of thrash. . . Complete and utter asshole . . ."

When Nick tried to escape from my clutches, I caught him by his collar. He yelped as my fist comes flying right at him. No one — I'm serious — gets away after messing with my hair.

Even between the punches the devils had the guts to cackle with laughter. Giving Nick a final punch in the jaw, I turned towards Max and hit him straight on his baby-maker.

"Holy shit!" He cursed, toppling over. The air was knocked out of him, and he fell on top of his twin who was already struggling in vain to get up. "I think you crushed my balls!"

"Get your ass out of my face, bro!" Nick whined as he tried to push him away, "Honestly, it's gross!"

"No, you get your face out of my ass!"

"You get fat ass out of my face or my knee's gonna meet him next!"

I rolled my eyes in exasperation and yanked them up, nearly ripping their arms off in the process. "Shut up. Both of you. Or I'll be castrating you next. You'll have one hell of an explanation to give to your future mates."

That shut them up, once and for all.

Next, I turned towards a silently sniggering Nora. "The sole reason, I'm letting you go is because you are juvenile. Else the penalty would have been death" I threatened her.

Casting one last look at the two assholes, I marched out off the room, making sure I stomped on their feet while I left. Tucking the horrid green at the back of my ears, my momentary lapse of attention had me running into another person.

And this time it was Elena.

"I'm sorry, sweetie." She apologized quickly. She had been busy flipping over the pages of a book, and like me, didn't really realize who she ran into. " I didn't notice...I ...er....you look beautiful, Kiara." She paused, confusion coloring her face.

Yup with green hair, a red face and purple eyes I sure looked beautiful.

"Um... it was actually a prank." I told her sheepishly.

Her lips twitched into a smile. "Yes I know. After all, today is April Fools Day, isn't it? Wish I had thought of playing that prank on my son, though." She said pointing at my freaking green hair.

I gasped. Elena and pranks?! The world was turning weirder by the second.

"You still play pranks on people?" I asked her, incredulously. Somehow, the picture of a stern Luna going around fooling people seemed pretty unimaginable.

She peered at me through her glasses like I had dirt on my nose. "Of course I do! What else is April Fools Day for?" she said as if stating the obvious.

My eyes widened. Looks like the twins weren't the only ones to beware of.

"I hope I'm not lucky enough to be on your list." I muttered sarcastically.

She nodded seriously. "Well, thank your stars I ran out of plastic cockroaches."

Dazed at the way the day was turning out to be, I left her wordlessly for my room.

Clearly, Fools Day turned sane people insane.

Going to the bathroom, I tried washing my hair repeatedly, until the color began to dim. It made my hair dry and frizzy, and I had twice as much trouble combing it again. Cursing and muttering, I ran the comb through my hair, wincing every time it got tangled up in knots.

Knock. Knock.

My gaze snapped to the door and then at the clock on the wall. An hour had passed already, and I hadn't even realized.

"Who's there?" I asked, my voice oozing with disinterest and boredom.

"You-Know-Who!" three voices sang in unison.

I rolled my eyes as I tied my hair up in a scarf. I didn't want people to drop dead at my gorgeousness.

"Come in, " I said, once I was done. Three heads peeped out of the door.

"We come in peace." Max said warily.

My eyes travelled down to were I hit him and I saw him stiffen at once. I suppressed a grin. He won't be forgetting this day anytime soon.

"Peace accepted." I agreed.

However, they still eyed me suspiciously.

"Really?" Nick asked me after eyeing me up for an entire minute. "Totally? Completely? Absolutely?"

No you devil, not until I skin and roast you alive.

"Yes, of course, Nick! After all, it's Fools Day, isn't it? Did you honestly think I'll be mad at you ?" I asked him in a sugar coated voice. "Long gone; long forgotten. Okay?"

If you had any idea what was running in my head now, you would be running miles on four legs, without even turning back.

"Great! We almost thought you would have our hide after what we did." Nick said relieved.

I feigned a careless shrug. "Well I got over that after a while. And anyway people can't see it through the scarf."

"Like I thought. Anyway, you look kinda sexy with that headgear on." he winked.

I spluttered in indignation, my eyes wide at his unabashed voice. "My what, you jackass??"

* * *