Chapter 24: All Out Warfare

Kate lashed at one of the Dark Riders with her knife. Thinking quickly the Dark Rider dodged it and kicked her in the stomach. She then lashed at his throat with her knife. Another Dark Rider jumped out in an attempt to stab her in the shoulders but Deadbolt intervened, throwing a battleaxe right into his face. He then sprinted toward him, grabbed his axe and tore his head right of his body.

Kate looked at the decapitated body which lay on the ground motionless. Is he always this brutal? Kate thought. Kate decided she would ignore what happened. They decided to get on their motorcycles and ride out. They made sure to pass by the other groups of Dark Riders, who had set up camp, detected. The moment they saw them they opened fired. The tanks began to move in on them.

Suddenly, just as Kate planned, the first tank was lit up in flames as it rolled over the charges. The tanks had detonated the charges which exploded destroying the first tank. "First tank eliminated." Kate said into comms.

Not too far away the other Dark Rider squadrons had heard the blast. They proceeded to move in with their tanks to the source of the loud noise. However, as they rushed to leave the intersections their tanks were blown to smithereens, the blast killing several Dark Riders and wounding others.

Next, just as Inferno predicted, several dropships were deployed. Inferno and Allison took aim. Inferno shot the pilot of the first dropship while Allison shot the the pilot of the second. They then took aim at two others as the first two crashed down. They shot their pilots causing those ships to crash down to the ground as well.

Meanwhile Nightstorm, Karma, Ben and the soldiers saw the two dropships crash down. "Alright guys that's our signal." Ben said as they prepared to leave the stadium and enter the warzone once again. Nightstorm and Karma got on their motorcycles. They rode out, right into the warzone and attacked the oncoming swarm of Dark Riders. They jumped off their motorcycles and took out their weapons. Karma had her shotgun while Nightstorm had his shock rifle. They, along with Ben and the soldiers opened fire on the Dark Riders, engaging them head on.

Suddenly, rushing to get back to the battle, was Kate and Deadbolt who ambushed several of the Dark Riders from the side. Kate fired several shots at them wounding some of them while killing several others. The remaining Dark Riders were cleared out in that area of the city. "We're going nowhere with this battle." Kate said. "Tell me about it." Nightstorm remarked. Nightstorm was starting to think that they may have already lost the battle and possibly even the war.

Suddenly, almost as if to hammer down his morale even more, another thousand Dark Riders were deployed from Adrian's mothership. "Great, just we need, more Dark Riders." Karma remarked as she saw them rain down from the skies. As if the skies weren't already covered up by the thousands of F-16's that were attacking Adrian's defenses. "There's gotta be a way to even the odds." Nightstorm said.

Then almost as if to answer Nightstorms request, more Ospreys appeared in the skies, and from those aircraft, parachuting down, were soldiers of the U.S. army. Also coming in to were Japanese choppers dropping down Japanese soldiers. Finally, reinforcements, Ben thought to himself. The moment they were boots on the ground they engaged the Dark Riders head on. It was from this moment Ben decided to take over. He then began barking orders. "Alright i want this area of the city barricaded. We stop them here and we don't let them get past us. Then after the first wave of Dark Riders we'll move up and continue to gain more territory. Let's move boys, this is our last chance." Ben said to both his soldiers and some of the new reinforcements. They were going to end this or at least die trying. At least now America's allies were starting to provide assistance.