Chapter 16: Breaking Point

Adrian and the Dragon Rider had arrived at the base of operations that went silent. He had tried to make contact with them earlier. There was no response. Now he knew why. However what he saw was still unbelievable. A total of two thousand Dark Riders were slaughtered and struck down. "Who could've done this?" Adrian asked. The Dragon Rider simply remained silent. Just by looking at the carnage he could tell it had to be a group of Neon Riders, but how, he knew they wouldn't step foot on this planet. They wouldn't dare.

He bent down to examine the bodies. They were fresh, which meant it didn't happen too long ago. He stood up. He whistled for his dragon to arrive. The enormous beast came and he hopped on top of it. "Where ate you going?" Adrian asked him. He put on his white hood and said "there's something I need to carry out." Then he took off, leaving Adrian surrounded by dead Dark Riders. Adrian decided he would leave to and discuss this with his council. He got into his shuttle and the shuttle took off.

Meanwhile back on Earth, Jack was beginning to wonder where was Karma and Allison. He hadn't seen them for a week now and he was beginning to worry. He was dressed in the typical hospital gown that any patient would wear. He sat up in his medical bed. He felt useless lying in bed. He wanted to help in some way.

His older sister, Kate walked in, dressed in her gray armor and red cloak. "How you feeling?" Kate asked, feeling sympathetic for her tortured brother. Poor Jack. He must've felt like hell over there. "I'm alright." Jack said. "Are you sure you look concerned about something?" Kate asked. It was obvious that something was on his mind. "Where's Allison and Karma?" He suddenly asked. Then it hit her. Karma and Allison had been gone for awhile, including Deadbolt. Where had they been. "I don't know, but if find out I'll let you know." Kate replied. It was the only answer she could give him. Jack nodded. "I'll be in the training room if you need me." She said before leaving the room.

When Kate left the room she made her way to the training room, only to find that Nightstorm had been waiting for her. "Well look who finally showed up." Nightstorm remarked. Kate was glad to find him. She was ready to go straight back to training. She would need it if she was going to protect her brother and herself from Adrian and his forces. "So what are we going over today?" Kate asked. Nightstorm pointed to a door that led to a large room made specifically for hand to hand combat. "We're going to go over hand to hand combat." Nightstorm told her.

Hand to hand combat. Something about the way Nightstorm spoke those words that made her think there was more to this than he was letting on. Almost as if he was going to enjoy this part of what they were going to do. "Why do I get the feeling that I won't like this?" Kate asked, suspicious of what Nightstorms intentions are. "You'll be sparring, with me." Nightstorm said.

Kate let this sink in for a moment. She thought about how she had seen him fight. How was she going to fight him in a one-on-one battle with Nightstorm? She guessed she would have to, if she was going to go against Adrian and the Dragon Rider. She let out a sigh. "This is not going to be fun." Kate said.

They both walked inside of the room. When they got inside there was only one thing that ran through Kate's mind. Let the best rider win.