Chapter 15: Roar of A Rebellion

Kate examined the traffic cams and the satellite feed that covered the entire city. Something was wrong. She could feel it in her gut. She was in her gray armored suit that war given to her by Nightstorm. Last night she had been expecting an invasion. However it never came. Why? She had to find out.

Soon Nightstorm came into the command room. Kate turned to look at Nightstorm. "What's the matter?" Nightstorm asked. Kate wondered how did Nightstorm find her here. She decided to put that aside. "Nothing, I'm fine." She said. Something about the way she said it made Nightstorm feel as though there was something she was hiding from him. Something that seemed to make her feel uneasy. "Listen if anything's bothering you just know you can talk to me, I'm here for you." Nightstorm told her, hoping to get her to open up a bit.

Kate nodded her head as Nightstorm proceeded to walk out of the command room. "Nightstorm." She said before he left. "Thank you, for all that you've done to protect me." She told him. Nightstorm gave a slow nod before walking out of the room.

Meanwhile on Starlight, Allison, Karma and Deadbolt had finally landed. They were at the headquarters of the rebel army Allison had mentioned. "What are we doing here?" Karma asked. Suddenly a woman in an all dark blue Camo uniform and a red scarf approached them. She had blonde hair and her expression made her look as though she had seen too much. She was carrying a rifle in her hand and held on to it with a strong grip. "Guys this is Luna, she is the leader of the resistance against the Dark Riders." Allison said as Karma and Luna shook hands. "I always wondered if there was any Neon Riders left, it's an honor." Luna said. "I assume Allison told you what your mission was, my men and women will be your support, just give us the signal and we'll drop down from the air and bring em hell." She continued. Karma and Deadbolt nodded.

Allison, Karma, and Deadbolt got into another space shuttle. This one was assigned to them specifically by Luna. It was a half hour long flight to get there. The shuttle landed a couple miles from where the structure was. It wasn't too far and besides they had time to go over the plan. They stepped out the shuttle and everybody was loaded and ready to go. Deadbolt had been given a light machine gun. It was his favorite weapon.

The shuttle took off and departed. That was their green light. They would make their way to the Dark Riders's base of operations. "Karma I think it would be more fitting if Nightstorms second in command lead the way." Allison remarked as Karma took out her rifle and began marching her way to the infrastructure that hissed thousands of Dark Riders. "Then let's go get their heads." She said as Allison and Deadbolt followed her.

The Dark Riders base of operations was extremely large. However their hangar bay was small for a base of that size. "Deadbolt you take the front entrance while me and Allison circle around the back." Karma ordered. Deadbolt nodded as he loaded his light machine gun. Allison and Karma quietly went around the back door of the entrance. "Are you ready?" Karma asked. Allison nodded. "Deadbolt you have the green light." Karma said. Deadbolt busted down the door of the base and opened fire. From the back of the building Karma and Allison planted explosives on the back door and began open firing on the enemy. They were hitting them from both sides. Then, suddenly, Luna and her men barged in finishing off any remaining Dark Riders in the main building. "We'll hold position here and salvage what little intel we can find make your way to the barracks." Luna told Karma. Karma just nodded.

After they cleared the area Deadbolt, Allison, and Karma made their way toward the barracks. They were going to make sure they slaughter the Dark Riders that occupied the entire building. They made their way to the barracks. They shot down the Dark Riders who seemed to be taken by surprise. One of them attempted to make contact but Deadbolt took one of his battleaxes and launched it at his back. "All clear." Deadbolt said retrieving his axe from the corpse of a Dark Rider. "Ok Luna, there's your green light. Knock it down." Allison told Luna through comms. Not long after a missile was launched at the communication tower that stood right next to the barracks. Exiting the barracks, Karma watched as the tower collapsed. Deep inside she knew she was one victory closer to defeating Adrian and coming back home.

Authors note
Hey how's it going I hope you enjoyed this chapter. What do you think will happen next, do you think that Nightstorm will find out that Karma went to Starlight with Allison and Deadbolt? Let me know in the comments.

P.S. don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter