Chapter 9: Let The Games Begin

Adrian could see the Dragon Rider approaching him now and he already knew that he had fulfilled phase one of the plan. He was standing atop the grand canyon. Now he understood what the humans loved about coming here, the view. The Dragon Rider walked up behind him. "Did it work?" Adrian asked. The man nodded. "My presence alone brings them fear." The man said. The sun was setting, Adrian wished he could watch it set but there was work to do still.

Meanwhile at headquarters Kate was still having trouble sleeping. She found herself clenching her bed sheets tightly. The nightmares were still occurring. However this time they got worse and even more haunting. There was also something different as well. It was odd but also, terrifying. In her nightmare it was Jack being snatched away by the Dragon Rider.

She decided to go to the lounge. She slipped on her slippers and walked out of her room. She proceeded through a hallway careful not to disturb anybody from sleeping. She walked into the lounge and poured herself a glass of water. She thought about the nightmare she had. It seemed so real. What if it did happen?

Suddenly her train of thought was interrupted by the appearance of Allison. "You saw it too huh?" Allison said, puzzling Kate. "Saw what?" She asked. "You saw Jack get snatched away in your nightmare." Allison replied. Kate nodded calmly but was hiding the fact that she was shocked. A tear shed down her face. "How did you know?" She asked, but she knew the answer. She just didn't want to believe it. "I had the same nightmare. Except it's not a nightmare, but a premonition." Allison said. There it was, the answer she didn't want to hear. "How do we stop it?" Kate asked. Allison looked Kate straight in the eye. "We're going to have to interrogate the only one who knows exactly how Adrian thinks." Allison told her. It was with that Kate knew that she'd be face-to-face with the one who almost killed her, Greed.

The next morning she and Allison began to get ready to go. Kate put her suit and her helmet on. Nightstorm found her gearing up in the armory. "Where are you going?" He asked, worried. Kate loaded her pistol. "I'm going to find a way to get rid of the Dragon Rider before he has the chance to hurt anybody close to me." She said before storming out the armory. She had equipped herself with a shotgun and a pistol.

Then Kate and Allison got on their motorcycles and took off. Kate and Allison rode through the streets, with Allison leading the way. "You know where you're going right?" Kate asked. Allison nodded. "Just follow me." She said as they continued to ride through the streets.

Minutes later they arrived at a gray concrete building. It consisted of twelve floors and two lower levels. A man in a black tactical uniform approached them. He had the physique of a U.S. marine. "This is private property you aren't allowed here unless you have clearance." He said. This angered Allison. The fact that she helped save billions of lives should've been clearance enough. "Listen here, if it weren't for us you wouldn't be breathing on this Earth right now. That should be clearance enough so I suggest you let it's through so we can see Greed, the prisoner you're keeping inside." She snapped. The man looked at her with a serious look. "And you listen here I don't care if you saved lives or not, heck I don't even care if you were the senator of the United States you can't come through here without clearance." He told her.

Suddenly the guard was receiving orders through his earpiece. Then he looked at Kate and Allison. "Today's your lucky day." The man said as he led them inside the building. They took an elevator up to the twelfth floor. From there he led them to special room where Greed stood, his arms chained to the ground. He looked up at Allison. "Well hello there Allison." He said to her. Allison looked at Greed with disgust. She wanted to throw him out the window, but they needed him right now. "So who's your friend?" Greed asked. Kate put a gun to his head and took off her helmet. "The girl you tried to kill multiple times." Kate replied.

Finally Kate decided to stop wasting time with introductions. "Listen here you piece of garbage, Adrian brought the Dragon Rider to Earth I want to know why." Kate snapped. Kate saw Allison was staring at her now. She realized that she was still holding a gun to Greed's neck. She put the pistol away. "If he's really gone that far it's probably because he wants revenge. He's probably planning something big." Greed said. Allison and Kate looked at each other and they knew there was something Greed wasn't telling them. "There's something about the plan you're not telling us isn't there?" Allison said looking at Greed suspiciously. "Knowing Adrian he's probably going to use the one you care about most against you." He said turning to look at Allison. "I'm talking about you Allison, he's probably been watching." He continued. Angered by this, Allison took her pistol and shot his left knee.

Then the realization hit her. She knew who Greed was talking about. Quickly before Kate can ask anymore questions she stormed out the room with Kate following behind. They took the elevator down to the first floor and left the building. She and Kate got on their motorcycles. "Allison wait, where are we going what he's talking about?" Kate asked putting her helmet back on. "There's no time to explain we're going back to headquarters now!" She said as they rode off.

They raced through the streets of Washington D.C. with Allison hoping to get there in time. She couldn't warn the Neon Riders in time to prepare them for the Dragon Riders arrival but she had to get to headquarters before the Dragon Rider. She had to save Jack. She knew Adrian was planning to use him against her.

They arrived at headquarters and to Allison's surprise everything was in one peace. Still she knew she had to warn the Neon Riders. She saw Jack and Nightstorm and quickly ran up to him. "Look you gotta get Jack out of here the Dragon Rider is coming and he's coming for Jack." She told him. Jack was beginning to get scared and was confused. Why would he come for Jack?

Suddenly the Dragon Rider arrived. The shadow of the Dragon looking over them. "Jack get outta here now!" Nightstorm yelled. Jack ran fast as he can. Next soldiers began to pour out of the base weapons blazing. The Dragon spit out a fireball at the soldiers as the Dragon Rider hopped off the Dragon. He quickly took out his two Swords as Kate, Allison and Nightstorm surrounded him and the Dragon.

Surely enough Allison knew the other Neon Riders would be arriving soon. She had to stall for now until they came. Allison quickly lashed out at the him with her tactical knife. The Dragon Rider quickly blocked her attack with his sword and kicked her in the face only to have Nightstorm punch him in the face. He shoved a sword into his shoulder. Kate then attempted to kick him in the face but he grabbed her leg and pushed her away almost causing Kate to fall.

Suddenly Karma and Deadbolt arrived. Karma had a rocket launcher and a clear shot at the Dragon. She fired while Deadbolt took out both his battleaxes and lashed at the Dragon Rider slightly cutting him. Karma had hit the Dragon who spit out another fireball at her from it's mouth. Karma quickly moved out the way. Kate then took out her shotgun and began firing shots at the Dragon while it was trying to help out the rider.

Deadbolt lashed again at the Dragon Rider but he quickly caught him by the neck and threw him out the way. He then charged at Karma. Karma attempted to punch him and knock him down but he grabbed her arm and flipped her over and continued inside the base.

Inside the base he was stopped by Ben who fired at him with a light machine gun. The Dragon Rider took out a tactical knife and launched it at Ben, the knife piercing his shoulder as he let out a loud cry. Then he saw Inferno and Jack leave a room and begin running through the hallway. The Dragon Rider then Began to break into a Sprint.

Jack and Inferno saw this while running from the Dragon Rider. "Keep running while I try to stall him." Inferno told Jack. Jack continued to run while Inferno took his sniper and shot at the Dragon Rider. However the Dragon Rider dodged the rounds and kicked Inferno in the face and pursued Jack. Jack ran as fast as he could but the Dragon Rider caught him, picked him up and slammed him to the ground knocking him out but not killing him. He quickly picked him up, carried him on his shoulder and walked out of the base. He got on his Dragon and took off.

Meanwhile Kate was yelling at him. "No he'll hurt him! He'll hurt him!" She cried out as Nightstorm and Deadbolt tried to contain her and keep her calm. Finally after several minutes of yelling she calmed down knowing there was nothing she could do to bring him back. The Dragon Rider took him. Tears were pouring down her face. Allison saw this. This was all her fault and she knew it. It would now haunt her. Now she only felt one thing. Rage.