Chapter 20: Lockdown Protocol

Adrian and his fleet were getting closer and closer to Earth. "How much longer till we arrive to Earth?" Adrian asked his ally. The Rider looked at the coordinates again. "We're halfway there." He told Adrian. Beneath his helmet Adrian had a smile. A wicked smile, one of confidence, satisfaction. One that could display wicked intentions. He had every reason to. For he knew, vengeance would be his and the Neon Riders, along with the girl who tried to kill him.

Meanwhile on Earth, the press had been gathered in front of the white house where President Obama stood before a podium. The news had been buzzing about the attack that had occurred a day ago. It had finally been confirmed that it was aliens that had attacked them.

Suddenly the whole crowd was silenced as the President prepared to speak. "Today I'd like to say a few words, regarding the attack on U.S. soil. The people that attacked us were not that of this world. It was an orchestrated attack. My sources have told me that they were hidden across the globe until given an order from their superior. Our Intel also suggested that, unfortunately, that this would not be the last. That a full-scale invasion would occur. For this reason, I'm putting the city which was attacked on official lockdown protocol. Now if you can excuse me I have a meeting to attend to so I won't be able to answer any questions." He explained.

After he concluded his speech, the President was escorted to a black Ghurkha which was accompanied by several other armored vehicles. He got inside where Ben and his team were situated. They began to leave the white house. There were two vehicles behind the lead car.

Barack Obama glanced at the crowd of people and then glanced back at Ben. "Okay brief me agent Ben what's the plan?" He asked. Ben loaded his rifle. "Well first we have to get you to a secure location to get you as far away from the crossfire as possible." Ben told him. "Then we're going to focus our efforts on evacuating civilians and getting them all on a flight to Hawaii." He continued.

They were on the highway now. The vehicles had been driving in a linear formation. "Hawaii, are you sure they'll be able to take in so many people?" President Obama asked. "They're going to have to because that's our only option at the moment." Ben told him. "What about the invasion?" He asked. "We have Air Force on standby and have marked positions that my men will take up to defend the city. We also have U.S. Navy Seals on standby incase need assistance and we'll be collaborating closely with the 101st and 82nd Airborne Division." Ben explained. The President let out a deep sigh. Ben could tell he felt uneasy about the situation. "So where will you be taking me?" He asked. "We're going to escort you to a secure rendezvous point and from there we have additional units along with a private jet to take you to a top secret location." Ben assured him.

Meanwhile back at headquarters, Kate and Nightstorm were discussing battle plans in the briefing room when Jack appeared at the doorway. He wore a black shirt, black leather coat and dark blue jeans and black shoes. Everyone turned to look at him. "What's going on?" He asked. Kate's eyes widened. She didn't have her helmet on but she had her sit on so Jack basically saw the shock on her face. "I thought the doctor said it would take you a month to get released from the medical room." Kate said in awe. "The doctor said I'd be out of the medical room by tomorrow but I couldn't wait that long the moment I saw the news." Jack said.

Kate rushed to hug Jack. Then Karma approached Jack. "Are you feeling alright?" Karma asked. Jack nodded. "I want to help." He then stated. Suddenly the room fell silent. "That's not happening, you just came out the medical room." Nightstorm stated finally breaking the silence. He knew the boy was eager to help and he admired his bravery and heart but he wasn't going to just bring him along like it was some kind of job shadowing. "Please I can fight." Jack pleaded.

Quickly before Nightstorm could speak Kate quickly cut him off. "How about you stay here and oversee the battle you know, help from the communications center." Kate said. Jack looked at everyone else in the room. He let out a sigh. "Fine, just promise me you'll make it out alive and in one peace." He said. "I promise." She said. It was in that moment, Kate knew she had to make it out alive and kill Adrian. Not just for her and her own personal life but for her brothers sake, because she promised him.

Meanwhile Ben and his team were escorting the President from the vehicle. They had reached their rendezvous point where three CIA agents along with ten secret service men awaited them with a chopper ready to take flight. "It's been an honor knowing you agent Ben." The President said shaking his hand. "The pleasure is mine Mr. President." Ben said as the President was escorted into the chopper and was flown to another top secret location. Deep inside Ben was suddenly unsure whether or not he'd be able to come home and visit his family. The question was now, not whether or not he would win the battle, but whether or not he would make it out alive.