Chapter 17: The Messenger

Kate stared right into Nightstorm as they were both in their stance, watching his every move. Kate knew that Nightstorm was a rider who fought with blunt force. She would have to be graceful but quick on her feet. She would also have to strike him down like thunder. Nightstorm lashed at her and she quickly moved out the way. She then attempted to kick him in the face but he grabbed it, flipping her over. She was on her back. She quickly jumped back on her feet, took out her tactical knife, and lashed out at Nightstorm. Nightstorm dodged it and grabbed her hand and slammed her to the ground. "Never be predictable." Nightstorm said as Kate got back on her feet.

      Suddenly Inferno came rushing into the room. "Nightstorm, we have a trespasser that claims he came from Starlight, Ben wants you to talk to him." Inferno told him. Nightstorm looked at Kate. "Guess trainings over, sorry Kate." Nightstorm said as he exited the room and made his way out of the training room followed by Inferno.

     When Nightstorm got to the hangar bay he saw that Ben and his men had all their weapons trained on a man wearing a tattered brown robe and hood. His hands were in the air. Nightstorm could tell he had blue skin just by judging his hands. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" Nightstorm asked. The stranger lifted his hood off his head revealing a green and old face. He had uncut hair and it looked as if he hadn't cut it for two years. "I come bearing news. Adrian and his forces are coming. And when they come they will come and burn your precious planet to ashes." The man said. Nightstorm was. now furious. His blood was boiling. "Who are you to threaten these people and their homeworld?" Nightstorm asked. The man only smiled showing his bare yellow teeth. The smile seemed to be a wicked smile. The type that made you feel uneasy. "I'm just the prophet of devastation." The man said. Upon hearing this Nightstorm realized deep down that they would have to prepare for an invasion. "Take him in." Nightstorm said as Inferno cuffed him, all guns still trained on the mysterious man.

       Meanwhile on planet Starlight, at the secret rebel base, Luna and Allison were preparing a propaganda to claim a victory over Adrian and restore hope. Allison began rolling the camera. "Hello, people of Starlight. This is Luna, leader of the resistance. It is time to start standing up to the monster that sits on our planets throne. No more should we live in a fearful and depressed life." She began. She was being broadcasted live and she knew it. As she spoke, images of the attack on the Dark Riders main base of operations flashed on everybody's screen. "It's time to show Adrian that we don't fear him. He is just like anyone else. Adrian's forces are vulnerable, they can be beat." She continued. "Fight with us and we together we can bring down Adrian's reign." She concluded. Suddenly her feed was cut off and there was nothing but static. Allison stopped rolling the cameras. "What happened?" Luna asked. "Adrian found a way to cut off your feed." Allison said putting away the cameras. "We need to move, they're going to bomb this place, now." Allison added. Luna grabbed her rifle. "Where are we going to go without being detected by enemy aircraft?" Luna asked. Allison thought for a moment. Where could they go? Then she finally thought of a place Adrian and his forces wouldn't think of. "Underground." Allison told her, reassuringly.

       Meanwhile back on Earth, Kate was trying to contact Karma. Why hadn't she been answering? Where was she? Kate was tired and restless. She was dressed in her sleeping gown.  There was a possible attack coming and both she and Deadbolt was missing. Suddenly she was able to get a hold of Karma. She snapped awake the moment she appeared on the screen. "Karma where are you right now?" Kate asked. Karma took a deep breath. "Ok, truth is, we didn't go to track down Dark Riders that were hiding on Earth, we went back to Starlight to aid a growing rebel army. I didn't want to tell you because I knew you'd try to stop me." Karma said. Kate couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Karma you know we need you here right now. War is coming and we need all the help we can get." Kate said. "We'll be back by tomorrow noon, I promise." Karma said before ending the transmission.

     Kate sighed and took everything in. It was surprising actually, how she went from being a news reporter for the Miami Herald to fighting sentient beings from another planet. She just wanted to run from it all but remembered why she was fighting in the first place. It was so she could end this war and go back to living how she was before.

       Nightstorm appeared at the doorway. "Karma's not on a routine mission is she?" Nightstorm said causing her to turn around to face him. Kate didn't know what to tell him. She was speechless even. Nightstorm could tell by her inability to give him an answer that he was right. "So she went to Starlight. I figured she'd pull something like this." Nightstorm said. Kate expected him to be mad about the fact that she went to Starlight without his permission. Instead he reacted as if it was nothing. "Tell her not to take her time coming back." He said before exiting the room.

      The next morning Nightstorm watched as Allison, Deadbolt, and Karma finally arrived at the hangar bay. They got off their vehicles. "Who gave you permission to go to Starlight and launch an attack on the Dark Riders base of operations?" He asked, demanding an answer. Before Karma could explain Allison cut her off. "Listen if we hadn't raided that base Adrian would've used them as reinforcements and attack us. The plan was to stall for time because incase you haven't noticed we need more time to prepare." Allison said snapping. Nightstorm realized they had a point. Still, with time against them they needed everyone's help to prepare. "I'll let you slide, for now, only because you have us more time to prepare." He said before walking away.

       Karma watched as he walked away. "Why did you stand up for me?" She asked. "It's what friends do." Allison said as her and Deadbolt walked off. Karma decided she would go and visit Jack in the medical room, besides, he's probably been worried sick about her and Allison.

       Meanwhile on Starlight, at Adrian's palace Adrian sat in his chair in his large dining room, waiting on news about whether the air strike was a success. Suddenly the Dragon Rider came in. "We could not find any bodies. We think they might've evacuated before we began the air strike." He said.

     This disappointed Adrian. He would've hoped to eradicate them quickly. He got up. "That's too bad, because that messes up my entire plan of eradicating the Neon Riders, find them and find out what they're planning." He said. The Dragon Rider nodded and left.

     Suddenly minutes after the rider left a man in a black robe and hood entered the room. "Who are you and what do you want?" Adrian said. The man's face was covered by his hood. "You disappoint, The Order might replace you for your failure to control your people and eradicate the human girl that threatens their power." The man said. Adrian walked towards him. "Who are you to tell me how to control my people?" Adrian yelled, infuriated. "I'm just the messenger." The man said.

      Adrian decided he would deliver The Order his own message. Adrian began to walk slowly around the man, studying him, like a lion stalking his prey. His glare met that of the man. Moving quickly, Adrian took out his knife and slit the man's throat and watched as he fell to his knees. "Tell them this, if they ever, threaten my reign I will personally set fire to their doorsteps and watch them burn." Adrian told him. Despite the fact that he was bleeding out, before dying his last words were "killing me will only bring downfall, they shall eradicate from the face of the planet." And it was with that he laid to rest in eternal sleep.

                      Authors note
Hello guys I'm back since we're in the month of November I'd like to wish everyone an early happy thanksgiving. Wow this was an extremely long chapter I hope you're enjoying the story so far.
Also I'm thinking of making a sequel but don't know whether I should go for it or end the story here, leave your suggestions in the comment section.

Well that's all for now I'll see you guys two chapters from now (maybe)