Ch.21: a jealous Queen

Gilbert gazed into the mirror of time in the throne room and watched as Elizavéta was casted a spell on.
"This isn't fair! I NEED TO DO SOMETHING!" Gilbert yelled out in frustration as The Clock walked into the room with Peter at her side.
"This is her hardship, if she saw you, don't you think she may cry? You hurt her too, Gilbert. You saw her become unhappy and you didn't even try to help her. Not against Ivan anyways" the clock stated as she sat on her throne.
"I know I hurt her....but please....I'm begging this one time, let me save her. She always saved me, she always showed me kindness when no one else did back then. Let me tell Roderich the way to save her from the spell! Please....just this once..." Gilbert begged, his hands becoming fists.
"No." The clock ordered
"PLEASE! This once! I promise to be binded to you until the end of Time! I promise to give you what's left of my broken soul, to be your guard dog until the end but please! Just this once!" Gilbert pleaded his eyes showing his desperation. The clock sighed in defeat.
"I don't need your promises, Joker. But go ahead and see her, see if the Deck is willing to play around with you. Your presence there will affect the outcome...I personally think it may cause her a mental breakdown....but go ahead if you would like, I shall fix any mistake you make." She said as she opened a portal to the real world.
"Thank you, mistress. But one thing...."
"Hmm?"
"Why do you want be away from her, from Liz?"
"Because....she isn't your Liz anymore, you are hurting yourself joker. Elizavéta isn't lizbeth. They're different, same face, same personality but different time eras and differences. You're hurting your heart. And your soul too" she said as Gilbert smiled sadly.
"It's my choice if I want to break....I doubt I will last for another couple centuries" he said as he left for the real world.

Elizavéta walked through the corridors completely fine, even after the spell. The joker appeared before her, when she took out her sword.
"Why are YOU here? I told you, I didn't want to see you, not after how you did nothing to stop Ivan from marrying me" she yelled,
"Lizbeth?" Liz? Is that you?"
"Don't call me Liz. How dare you! You aren't my friend, not after all that. You were my last hope at escaping that proposal...." Elizavéta said as Roderich walked behind her,
"Elizavéta! Wait- why are y-"'Roderick began saying as Elizavéta dropped her sword. Her eyes becoming wide.
"R-Roderich? Is that you? Seriously?" She asked her eyes filling with tears.
"Liz? Why are you-?" Roderich began saying when Gilbert began talking.
"Roderich....this is Lizbeth Hédérvary. Not Elizavéta. Lizbeth loved you, but you were killed after trying to help her escape. I was suppose to help you, but I....was caught. Letting Elizavéta be taken back to Ivan. You weren't killed to be exact...because you lived, but with no memory of ever loving Elizavéta. She hated seeing you, without seeing the real you. She hates me because I caused that incident" Gilbert informed as he tried getting closer to Elizavéta. But she got farther away from the Joker.
"Gilbert! Leave! I told you a long time ago, you and I were no longer friends. You betrayed me, you took the small hope I had, and left me there. Chained to that awful reality...." She said as her tears flowed down her cheeks. Gilbert looked at the ground, ashamed
"I know....and I'm sorry....but I never told you that I hadn't bailed out. I was caught by Ivan and tortured for a week. I never told you that because you would feel guilty...but Liz..."
"You were tortured?! I-why does it hurt to look at you? To even look at Roderich....why? It really hurts here" Elizavéta said as she placed her hand to her heart. Roderich pulled Elizavéta into a tight embrace. Hugging her, so no one could see her cry more.
"It pains me to see you so sad. My Queen, so please...Elizavéta come back to me. Was this the spell that Arthur was a warning us about?" Roderich asked. Gilbert nodded, keeping his distance away. Knowing he couldn't help.. "How can I get her back?" Roderich asked
Gilbert clenched his fist, "a true loves kiss.....it's corny......I know." Gilbert muttered
Roderich sighed, "Liz has always wanted to be a princess from those stories, but she's never been one since she is from a knight family."
Elizavéta hugged Roderich, her tears staining his shirt. Roderich pulled himself apart from her and cleared her tears with his hand. Delicately holding his Queens face. "I have always loved you, and always will, so please don't cry, Elizavéta. It breaks me to see you sad" Roderich said as he kissed her lips lightly.
Gilbert smiled sadly, his heart breaking inside. The spell was broken, and Elizavéta returned to Roderich.
"I-eh-what happened? My eyes are wet...and....Roderich? What happened?" Elizavéta asked
"I'll tell you later, I believe you need to make up with your old friend" Roderich said as he pointed towards Gilbert.
"G-Gilbert? Why do you look so sad? Did I say mean things?"
"No....it's fine. I'm leaving anyways" the joker said as he was about to snap his fingers when Elizavéta grabbed his hand. She pulled him into a tight hug
"No matter what, we are friends okay? I love you too, my joker. Don't look so sad....if in my old life I said I hated you....ignore that. Because if I said that then I was a real bitch, so don't worry. The now is now, so believe and trust in me. You can go now" Elizavéta said as she pulled away from the joker. Gilbert's eyes began to tear up and cry, he began wiping his eyes hurriedly.
"S-sorry...I have just...I'm just sweating through my eyes" Gilbert said as he pulled Elizavéta into a tighter hug. Roderich began to pull on Elizavéta
"My wife. Don't touch her so carelessly!" Roderich reclaimed as his face was frustrated with jealousy. Gilbert laughed and wiped his tears,
"Of course man! I'm sorry you had to see this side of me, but always remember im awesome!"'he said with a happy smile as he snapped his fingers and disappeared.
Elizavéta gazed at the spot the joker had been standing at. "Did I actually say all that?" She asked Roderich. Roderich nodded, "I see....well I must have been a broken person back then huh?"
"The now is now, Liz. Shall I make you tea and some baked treats? And maybe....snuggle you tonight?" Roderich asked her, as the Hungarian girl began blushing furiously.
"S-snuggle!? I-it's not a bad idea...." She mumbled as Roderich chuckled and hugged her from behind.
"I adore seeing you smile and blush, so come on. Let's go to our room" Roderich said as Elizavéta's cheeks got warmer. He kissed her neck lightly and held her closer.
"R-Roderich! Don't do that! Let's go to our room first" Elizavéta ordered as Roderich laughed and let her go, beginning to hold her hand and taking her to their room.