Ch.20: begining to remember

All the royals listened, their attentions focused on Gilbert. When Roderich sighed loudly, "so you loved Elizavéta at some point? Do you still like her? Please remember she's my wife in this time era" Roderich said as he fixed his glasses and stood before his wife. Elizavéta giggled at seeing Roderich jealous. Gilbert's cheeks went red,
"I don't like her! I mean- I do-just-not-umm-shut up! I'm done!" Gilbert yelled out in exasperation
Arthur laughed at seeing the situation,
"So...you're telling us...we are reincarnations of the Original Royals and that the Deck got mad because his first experiment went wrong so now that a second one has arisen...he's waking up from his slumber? " Alfred asked still confused
"I guess that's the entire message?" The joker said as he stretched and laid on the ground. "I tired....oh, Liz you could let me borrow your lap" Gilbert said teasingly
Elizavéta giggled, as Roderich kneeled to the ground and hit the joker on his forehead,
"Don't ask for such things, she's a Queen. And most importantly, MY wife. Gilbert, don't underestimate me" Roderich said as Gilbert smiled cheesily.
"I was kidding! Besides I wouldn't want to fight you, not again anyways. Last time I fought you, we ended in a draw because lizbeth beat both our asses. Haha those were good times" Gilbert said happily as he closed his eyes.
Elizavéta kneeled next to the joker, "I'm afraid I don't remember my past life, but you and I must have been close friends, enough for you to call me 'liz' but don't fall asleep here. There isn't even shade for you" she said as she touched the ground lightly, a plant growing quickly, and becoming shade for the joker. Gilbert smiled at the gesture, but Roderich just looked at him with menacing eyes. "Roderich, don't get jealous! You know I love you" Elizavéta said with a smile as she took Roderichs hand.
Roderich smiled as he helped his queen up to her feet. Gilbert sighed and stayed on the ground.
"I should get going...I have business to take care of. See ya!" Gilbert said as he disappeared leaving them all,
Arthur sighed as he remembered what Gilbert said.
"So I was killed for loving you huh? What a Romeo and Juliet story" Arthur commented as Alfred kissed his cheek. Alfred smiled sadly and entwined his fingers with Arthurs,
"Well...we don't live in that era anymore, so our love is now come true, besides! I don't think I could have stopped loving you even if you betrayed me"
Arthur blushed as Alfred kissed his Queens hand. A knight began to walk towards Ivan and whisper something in his ear. Ivans face got serious,
"Please excuse me...I have some problems to settle" the Russia said as he began to walk away at the side of the knight.
"Problems?" Francis asked
"He's been busy....a lot more lately, he didn't like the fact his Jack was almost killed. So he's been having to investigate where the remaining copies are" Elizavéta said as Daniel gave her a cup full of tea.
"Don't worry miss Elizavéta, i promise to protect you as a brother if Roderich or Ivan aren't around" Daniel said with a smile. Anneliesse smiled pleased at Daniel.

Gilbert walked through the castle of The clock. She walked through the gardens, happily conversing with fairies and looking at them play with her. Little Peter sleeping on her lap. Gilbert walked towards her and sat at her side. Laying down, he stretched and closed his eyes when she finally spoke.
"Gilbert, you know I trust you....right?" She asked as she ran her fingers through peters hair, caressing him in his sleep.
"Mmhhmm" the joker replied
"Then please tell me if you truly did secure that slumber spell on Him."
"Him? The deck? The old man, yeah, I secured the spell. Remember I didn't leave that room for 3hours. Whaddya think I was doing in there? Jerking off?" He asked sarcastically. She sighed.
"He's not there....I checked. Today, early in the morning. He's not there...I'm afraid I can't track him either" the clock said as her fairies started to fly away to have their lunch. Gilbert got back up. Criss crossed and looked at the clock confused, and horrified.
"What do you mean he's not there? The bastards been sleeping for almost 5,000 years! How could he suddenly break a spell THAT complicated!? He can't try and kill-"
"I have a feeling he won't. I have a feeling that he may....test them out, to see if they're better, more refined or still weak....Im afraid only time will tell us" the clock said as she sighed and gazed up at the blue sky sadly.
"I need to warn them-" Gilbert began sayin
"No."
"But they could be in danger!!"
"I said no. Orders are orders. Do not disobey me, joker. You know what was the rule for staying with me, don't you?" She asked him. Her voice kind but it had a cruel subtle meaning to it. Gilbert lowered his head and nodded
"Always listen to the Clock, for my curse could be my end....I'm your guard dog aren't I?"
"Not exactly, but you are my most trusted subject and friend....so please listen to me, I don't want you to be in danger" she said. Gilbert sighed in defeat and stood up beginning to walk away.
"Where are you going?" She asked
"To go see time, I need to see when I can interfere and when I could see them all again. Excuse me, Goddess of Time" Gilbert said as he walked away. The clock sighed and stayed where she was. She knew she couldn't stop Gilbert's desire to protect the Reincarnated Royals, he missed them....but she was forced to bind him to the rules of time.

Arthur stayed at his desk, when Alfred walked into his study room.
"I swear to the fucking Deck! I'm tired of parliament! How can we tolerate these aristocrats wanting one thing but our subjects wanting the other!? A parade they said! How the blood hell am I going to spend so much time on a fucking parade? The details of arranging a parade! It's fucking exha-" Alfred began yelling, knowing the study room was one of the few places that was sound proof in the castle. Arthur laughed in amusement and sighed as he stood up from his desk
"Shut up you wanker! Calm down! Don't be a pompous git. Besides if the aristocrats and subjects want a parade then so be it! It wouldn't be bad, we could even attend, what style shall we make it?" The Queen asked in enthusiasm as Alfred slouched in exhaustion and defeat.
"I dislike parades so much. Especially arranging them. We have to have security around us, and we wave and smile and that's it. That's our place. It's boring and exhausting to just go out like that" Alfred complained.
"I know the Japanese throw great celebrations! Shall we ask Kiku for ideas? I know frog face likes making things flashy. Or shall we do the theme like royalty?" Arthur asked as a small magical butterfly appeared from the window. It was a message from Diamonds
Arthur read the letter that had been placed on the butterfly.
'Arhur i need you! please come as quickly as you can.
Lily isnt okay, shes been crying...so much. everytime she sees me she becomes sad and we asked what happened. she only says "i remembered..." please arthur! come quickly! i called the other Queens! please!'

Arthur and the rest of Spades Royals arrived at Diamonds that evening. Arthur went into lily's room where she was sleeping, her eyelashes still wet from crying. Elizavéta was next to her, sleeping at her side, hugging little Lily. Kiku was reading a letter when Arthur got there.
"She has a spell casted upon her eyes...I tried breaking it..but it's far more complicated. It as if someone sent her the spell on this letter. Look, mr. Arthur" Kiku said as he handed the letter to Arthur
"Remember this." Arthur said out loud as he read the letter, that's all it said. "That's it? "
"It appears so. Mrs Lily saw the letter and when she opened the letter, the spell was casted upon her eyes. Now she remembers....whatever that means" Kiku said as Lily began waking up, she looked at Arthur and smiled.
"Arthur.....I remember....the past life. Francis...never loved me. And you died, and Elizavéta was sad, and Kiku was too! Everyhting was a mess! Every time I see Francis this image comes to my mind. The day Lady Louise food everyone in parliament she was pregnant with Francis' baby. And he only stayed quiet, despite me asking him. I can feel my anger and sadness at that moment! And it hurts! It hurts....so much" lily said as she began crying, Elizavéta waking up and hugging her. "Please....make me forget....it hurts...so much...." Lily said as her eyes looked desperate, and sad. Arthur nodded, as he casted magic over her.
"Reveal what thy eyes see and what heart feels" Arthur recited as lily's magic began to form chains around her, binding her. "Shit...this will definitely take time" Arthur mumbled as he began to touch the magical chains. Shocking him away.
"Shall we destroy them?" Elizavéta asked sleepily
"By force? No. It's like a code....can't you see the pattern it has and the-" Arthur began saying as he read a message on the chains. "Miss me...by the deck" Arthur mumbled.
"What does He have to do with this! Why does he want us to remember? He clearly wants to mentally ruin us" Elizavéta protested as she summoned her sword and began hitting the chains around Lily with it.
"Can't we do a forgetting spell?" Lily asked
"If you want to forget your entire life, yes. But we need to unbind these and solve the code." Arthur said as he opened 5 more magic circles beginning to summon different strings and making different patterns with them until he finally got the code ready. The code was a Clubs sign with an intricately E in it. The chains around lily broke.
"I'm next...." Elizavéta mumbled as she sat down. "Well I won't read a letter! I'll tell my servants to read them for me, or-"
"He will try something else. Anyways lily, is it better to not see those old memories?" Arthur asked
"Yes, but....I can feel the pain in my heart....but I know Francis loves me, he has told me many times and he may flirt but he isn't unfaithful" lily said with a smile and determined eyes. Francis entered the room quietly,
"L-lily? Are you okay?" He asked shyly and quietly with a worried face, lily smiled and ran to him, hugging the French.
"I love you so much, please don't ever become unfaithful to me, or dare to kiss another girl that isn't me." Lily demanded to Francis. Francis looked shocked at first but he hugged his Queen tightly and kissed her eyes, then her cheeks and finally her lips.
"I love you too, je t'aime mon cherie" he said in a low voice. His cheeks slightly blushing as he said it. Arthur smiled as he and the rest of the other Royals began to leave the room.
Elizavéta walked out happy but as she walked through the diamonds corridors, dust was sprinkled over her. Fairy dust, and tulip petals. The spell being casted upon her...