Ch.4: Magic!

Arthur and Yao made their way back of the castle when Natalie greeted them. She did not smile or say anything, she only stood in the front of the castle and gave a slight nod.
Arthur bowed, "hello Natalie"
Alfred came out of the castle almost running into Arthur.
"dude!! You scared me! Where did you guys go? Natalie said you two wen to the clubs! And I just- I got worried that I had lost my queen! And we haven't even found the Jack" Alfred began exclaiming
Arthur began laughing when he looked at Yao, "this is our Jack, Yao wang. Your old tutor"
"My-Yao!!! Dude! I heard you had gone on vacation!"
Yao only looked at Alfred and Arthur and nodded slightly. "Your majesty-aru "'
"Yao you don't need to call me that....and why do you say tht?"
"What thing-aru?"
"The 'aru'" Alfred asked
"What aru-aru?" Yao asked his face questioning
"Nevermind" Alfred replied giving up on his small investigation.

~later that week~
Arthur found himself in front of the spades parliament. Their eyes seemed to be like lasers and judge full stares that he couldn't bare anymore.
"He is far too young, besides! A man and a man! How outrageous!" A member of parliament yelled across the room.
"Our king is young! But he is qualified, this queen was just a noble. He may have politics and economical skills for treaties and such but he has no military experience like the Queen of Clubs" another one yelled
"The queen of diamonds is not trained in military expertise but she is good! And influential. What about our queen? What can he do?" The first member yelled back
"I say we shouldn't allow him to ascend the throne yet. Besides! He is engaged to The King of Clubs sister. Can't we choose another Queen?"
"I say he is qualified" Alfred said as he walked into parliaments chambers.
"Your majesty?! But-but he is a man. How will you two produce an heir!?" Another one asked
"That is our business, not yours. For now, I do believe our Queen should, meet and talk with the other Queens. What about an easy one? Diamonds? Or hearts?"
"Hearts has a man. Maybe a woman would be better, they're influential" another aristocrat stated
"Diamonds it is! But....perhaps we should invite over Hearts? A ball is approaching for the summer" Alfred suggested as he rubbed his chin in a thinking mode.
"If you say so, your majesty." The head of parliament decided.

Arthur awaited in the rose garden outside for the queens that were invited. He soon saw lily accompanied with her king and Jack. Arthur turned pale when he looked at diamonds king. It was Francis, the "old frog face"
Francis immediately ran to Arthur and hugged him. "Ahh! Mon Cherie! How have you been? Ça va bien?"
"Shut up. Frog face"
"And I see you are still as rude as usual" Francis said with a slight saddened look but he brightened up immediately. "Oh! Oui! This is my Queen, lily Zwingli and her brother, our Jack. Basch Zwingli" he said as Arthur gazed upon a short girl with short blonde hair with a bow and crystal green eyes, wearing a long orange and golden dress with diamonds at the bottom. Her brother seemed more hostile, and he only kept a strict face, he had short hair and was slightly taller than her, but he kept a staff with a pointy tip at his side.
Alfred came in with the King of hearts and his Jack, who was clinging on him. The Queen walking behind him peacefully and finally the Clubs. Elizavéta and Roderich where there but without their King.
"Darling!" Elizavéta said as she slightly rushed to Arthur and lily. "Lily-chan! It's been so long since I have last seen you!"
The king of hearts was tall, had broad shoulders, his blue eyes seeming serious, his blonde hair pulled back and he had a sword at his side. A long coat, colors of hearts covering his back. "Hello, my name is Ludwig Beilschmidt, this is my Jack, feliciano Vargas and our Queen, Kiku Honda."
Kiku slightly bowed in the most peaceful and kindest and most elegant way that Arthur had ever seen a man present himself.  The Jack was loud, his brown hair had a curl that seemed to pounce every time he said "ve~"
"Hi!! I'm the Jack of Hearts! I love kittens and pretty girls as well as Pasta! Do you have pas-"  feliciano began saying before Ludwig grabbed him by his head and pulled him back.
"I told you! you do not invade people's personal space!" Ludwig yelled. Kiku took over and walked up to Arthur.
"It is a pleasure to meet you"
Elizavéta grabbed Arthur by his arm and pulled him over to her and lily's side. "Shall we have tea?" And with those words, the Kings, queens and Jacks separated. The jacks stayed with the queens but stayed at another table while the queens drank tea and talked happily. Arthur felt incredibly welcomed and Kiku seemed very happy to be talking to others. "Have you ever tried your magic out?" Asked lily quietly
"I-uh-well..." Arthur began saying but Kiku smiled, as he grabbed a blue rose.
"I can make it red like my kingdom" and Kiku closed his hands around the flower, concentrating on it. When he opened his palms the blue rose was red.
"H-how" Arthur began questioning
"You will earn magic according to your feelings, and concentration." Elizavéta began explaining. "We can see fairies, and such things. But our magic somehow isn't as powerful as yours, my dear"
"Mines? I know magic...but....I'm not powerful" Arthur murmured
"Say 'ignis incipuint" Lilly asked of Arthur.
Kiku got up form his chair and walked back a few steps. "I'm afraid....beginners can be a little.....out of hand"
Elizavéta smiled as she called for Roderich. "Roderich! Shield please" she asked
Roderich chanted some words almost musical notes and a transparent green shield arose from under them.
"Am I that scary?" Asked Arthur.
Basch  took his sister and stood infront of her. Feliciano hid behind Kiku. "Scaaarryyy " the Jack of hearts yelled as he hid behind Kiku.
Arthur slightly sighed and hold out his hand, concentrating on a flame. "Ignis incipuint" Arthur spoke out, when a small flame appeared in his hand. As Arthur turned to look at the queens and jacks he found the fake was growing more. Arthur closed his hand to put it out, but his mind of thought could not turn it off.
"Bloody hell!" Arthur yelled at as his fist became fire-y
Elizavéta giggled, and Kiku stood like nothing was happening. Lily was covered by basch and Roderich stared. No one would help Arthur.
"How do I bloody turn it off!!" Arthur yelled
"You're the one who needs to stop it" Elizavéta replied.
Arthur closed his eyes, when he heard Emma's voice, the fairy.
"Calm down, calm down Arthur or you'll burn things" she spoke to him
"I'm trying!" He yelled back out loud
She tugged at his ear and whispered something that caused him to completely stop the fire in his hand but what she said had sparked a huge blush in his cheeks