25. The Dark Sanctuary series

[This is the first ever series that I have read on Wattpad and I am kinda glad I did because I would have regretted missing out on such an awesome story. This series consists of three books which are linked to the other in ways you cannot imagine. Vampires rule this series all the way, oh and you might just fall in love with the main character (I have. *giggles*) The story is definitely one of a kind and gripped me so much that I finished this triology in a matter of 2-3 days. The twists and turns are quite unexpected and keep you on the edge of your seat till the end. Once you begin to read it I am sure you will never put it down *whispers* trust me on this one. lol!]

blurb:

Dark Sanctuary (Book 1) :

Sarah is a girl with problems. Her house is grey, has no TV and most of her furniture was inherited from the house's previous owner and smells of lavender. Oh and people have a tendency to die around her. Now, to top it off, someone has had the audacity to break in through her upstairs bedroom window. Someone who can run so fast she can barely see him and who can scale the walls without needing a ladder. Only this isn't Superman who has come to pay a visit. This guy is a Hell of a lot more dangerous than that and doesn't wear a red cape. Sarah Jacobs has never been just an ordinary girl. Growing up in a suburban English town, life should have been all about skipping gym class, boy bands and hanging out with her friends. Instead she has always known that life was much darker than that and no matter how much she has tried to forget about it, it has always been there in the background, itching like an infected sore. Then on one fateful day, when she is fourteen years old, the darkness finally catches up with her during a chance meeting down an unlit country lane with someone who makes her hair stand on end and her skin buzz with a weird prickling sensation. Plagued with an unwanted gift that brings her nothing but trouble, Sarah spirals from one awful, blood splattered situation to the next until she finally decides to incarcerate herself in a little grey cottage out in the snow-drenched woods where she can't bring death to anyone's door. But it was only a matter of time before death came a-knocking on hers....

The Lost Creatures (Book 2 ) :

A vampire companion with the most amazing eyes is apparently all the rage these days. Michael doesn't have the most amazing vampire hairstyle but he does have the eyes. And the smile. In fact, many girls would kill to be in Sarah's position. Unfortunately for Sarah, most people she meets would do anything just to kill her. With a father who would rather see her dead, than see her human and a vampire den leader who has taken a rather disturbing interest in her, Sarah can't so much as move without running into someone who wouldn't mind opening her vein. And to top it off her father's girlfriend hates her and isn't planning on inviting her to Sunday dinner anytime soon, unless of course, Sarah happens to be on the menu. Lost in a world where she doesn't belong, Sarah runs from one bloody misadventure to the next with her on-off vampire companion Michael never far from her side. Often irritating, unashamedly blood-thirsty and with a penchant for killing off wealthy women in a bid to fund his lifestyle, Michael mysteriously continues to shadow her every move although she can't think why considering she spends most of her time, bruised, battered, covered in dirt and doesn't have a penny to her name. Locked together by some strange connection neither of them understand, Sarah and Michael set off on a mission to find out what exactly binds two people who should actually be mortal enemies: the sensor and the vampire. What a shame that the rest of the vampire world seems to have other plans for them......

Blood Wars (Book 3) :

It’s hard work being a myth amongst myths. Sharing a house with three vampires is problematic enough, but when you accidentally kill one of their kind on the way home one night, you realise the biggest issue is not working out what you’re all going to have for dinner. With Michael on a mission to find the only other true-born still in existence, Sarah is left under the watchful eyes of Michael’s friends as they struggle to protect her from a den leader intent on saving his own skin and any other vampire who might happen to stumble upon their cosy little Belgravia set-up. However neither Sarah nor her vampire housemates banked on being under the very watchful eye of someone other than Sebastian; someone with a more organised, more armed and more vengeful network than even the most powerful of vampire dens. Step forward the Sensors. People just like Sarah, only these Sensors don’t flee when faced with a vampire; they hunt them. As the vampires only known enemy, the Sensors are fighting an age-old war that is so underground and so secretive, that even some vampires don’t believe they exist. But exist they do, and now they’re coming for Sarah. Will she chose her own kind; people who understand exactly what it is like to grow up fearing the sunset and all with their own nightmarish stories to tell of loss and death? Or will she chose Michael and the monsters who have haunted her for her whole life? The time has come for Sarah to make a choice…….