Chapter Twenty Seven: A Monster

This shit sucks too goddam bitch

Sam:

No matter how fast I thought I was running, it wasn't quick enough. The cream colored walls seemed to pull me into an endless maze of endless halls that seemed impossible to escape. There was no way I was imagining this. No, that bastard was slowing me down somehow. Is that even possible for their kind?

This bond.

It had to be.

It was seeping into my very bones, fighting against my joints and muscles. Telling me to stay, to surrender, and that it would feel so much better if I did.

No more responsibility from the world around me, no more famine, no more ferocious beasts.

Since the moment I saw the marking I knew my life was over - trapped at his every whim. Xanthe would know soon, I knew he would. There was something inside me that told me it was pointless, but I kept on pushing. For my brother. He deserved this - to be free from this chaos. It might be too late for me, being tied to this monster for the rest of my life. But not Sketch, he was our hope for everything.

"You know you can't outrun me. So why even try?"his deep voice seemed to coat every inch of skin on my body, trapping me in with his soft words.

I shook my head, stay focused. My body whipped around on its own feeling the light breeze brush my ear as if he were right behind me.

But there was nothing.

"You're really hurting my feelings, Sam." The voice was directly behind me and when I whipped around to face him a thick hand reached out and grabbed me by the neck, slamming me up against the floral designs of the castle walls. "You may think you hate me, but I'd wager it's just the opposite. You want this, Sam. A life without responsibility, protecting, worry. I know you do."

Instinctively, I moved to hold onto his suffocating hand as my eyes focused on his raging form. The mistchmatched eyes that were always playful were hard and way less vibrant than the ones I had grown accustomed to.

"F-Fuck you..." I reached down to grip the danger in my waistband but he didn't even flinch.

The corner of his mouth pulled up into smile that never reached his eyes. His body moved slightly back to accommodate the blade, as if he was wanting me to drive it through his heart.

A hot feeling bubbled in my throat and then plummeted into my stomach like a sinking anchor as I realized the blade would not move any further. Stuck, hovering the blade merely inches from his heart - as if some sort of invisible shield prevented it.

"Your body needs mine. It wouldn't do anything to harm me." he whispered, grabbing the blade from mine with little effort. I watched in horror as he merely tossed it to the side. The clatter of the metal had me freeze in my spot, petrified of what would happen next.

I couldn't move then, I just stared into his eyes. He leaned down and sweetly pressed his lips against mine. The feeling was so warm and comforting. His fingers tilted my chin upward, as his lips slowly dotted down it. His mouth stopped just at the artery of my neck, pressing his lips firming against it before speaking.

"I've been dreaming of turning you since the day I mated you." I froze, pushing at his chest.

No way in hell would I become a beast like him. I thrashed around, desperately trying to fight him off. I didn't want to be a vampire, a creature that murdered my entire family.

"Y-you can't!"

"You want to know how to turn someone? Well it's simple, really. First, I would inject my venom into your neck, slowly paralyzingly the muscles of your heart. Like this."