Chapter 1: Picking Back Up

I wake up to a loud bang on my door. "Dayae, we've got a situation" a voice calls to me. That definitely means that the First Order has something planned. And I have to somehow figure out a way to stop it. My ranks in the resistance have only grown in the past 5 years. So have most people's. Now that I'm 24, my mind has expanded as well. I've learned so much about the universe and all the things and creatures that are in it. There's only one thing missing from my life. Falk. Not a day has gone by where I haven't thought about him. About our kiss. About our goodbye. I miss him so deeply that it can't be accurately depicted through the use of words. I still have anger issues, which only make me think of Falk more when they come out to bite someone. I miss when he tired to calm my nerves by picking me up and getting me as far away from the situation as I can. I hated him at the time for it, but now it just makes me laugh. And miss him.

I throw the blankets off of my bed and onto the floor. I bolt towards my closet and rip off the night wear that I have on. I toss on a pair of beige pants and a white shirt. I then grab my dark brown leather jacket and wriggle myself into it as I grab my brush. I quickly brush out a few knots in my hair and do it quickly in a braid wrapping around my head. I hobble out of the room and push the door open with my shoulder as I slide my boots on over each foot. Once I get the second one onto my left foot, the knee high boots grasp the ground giving me the best balance as I bold up the stairs and over into the intelligence room. The room is crowded and I have to squeeze my way through the crowds to get to my station. General Organa comes up to give an assignment. "General." I greet her.

"We need you to track which platforms the First Order has fighters coming out of. Tell us which platform and we can figure out where they are going and what their purpose is from there. Got it Dayae?"

"Yes, General." I hover over the screen as I pull up images of the Starkiller, the reincarnation of the First Order's station where I was held captive. The resistance put some markers on the station to indicate when there are ships and fighters coming out of that platform. Those markers are then translated over to my work station and I can figure out where they are coming from and where they are going. General Organa says that they can figure out where the ships are going, but I always do that. She sends the information I give her to my good friend, Senalia. Senalia then figures out the purpose of its voyage based on where it's going and where it's coming from. For example, if the ship is coming from platform 55 and is going to Endor, then Senalia can then figure out that since it is coming from platform 55 it is a tie fighter, typically used in smaller, less heavy on men and resources battles. Since it's going to Endor, she can figure out that they're trying to get to the remains of and old Empire base. The various bases of the Empire that were stationed on other planets are still there. The First Order has recently been trying to get those old bases back in the hands of the dark side. They believe that it can hold some kind of key to their success. So they can not make the same mistakes as the Empire once did.

I fiddle around with my diagrams for a while until I can tell where it's coming from and where it's going. "General, the fighters are coming from platform 39 and they are going to Tatooine." I get quieter as I speak the word Tatooine. It didn't occur to me until now that Falk is there. Or at least I hope he is.