fifteen

m a e

When Mae first became a fan of 5 Seconds of Summer she was in awe of the four Australian boys who'd stole her heart in the blink of an eye. She was mesmerized by their insane talent, and she was attracted to how they were themselves despite what others thought about them. They helped her in the most troubling times, and to be in her current situation was enough to drive her mental.

In an emotional aspect, they had always been there for her without ever really knowing, and now she has the opportunity to actually express her gratitude to one of them -- the one whose had her wrapped around his finger from the beginning, and the one whose convinced she's much more than a fan.

luke: because i have a very good feeling that you're much more than a fan

Mae's heart nearly leaped out of her chest at Luke's words. She still couldn't fathom that this was actually happening to someone as insignificant as her.

mae: i don't think i could ever live up to that

luke: you already have

He's sweet -- he truly is -- but she refuses to believe such a thing. Yes, she's slowly coming to terms about communicating with her biggest crush ever, but she will not succumb to the fact that she's actually more than an awkward teenage girl.

luke: and i can prove it

mae: that's impossible

luke: then you'll have to agree to meet me in order to find out who's correct

Her fingers froze in place after reading his latest message. Meet him, she thought to herself. There's no way that'll actually happen. Although, the more she thinks about it, the more she remembers when it did actually happen.

♢ ♢ ♢

mae: luke.... i don't know about this
luke: what?
mae: meeting you..

luke: where are you?
luke: wait, are you the girl with red hair and a backwards snapback?
mae: do you want that to be me?
luke: is it?
mae: mhmm
luke: woah

Luke looked up from his phone and walked over to the extremely shy girl. She was stood in place with her head toward the ground looking at her feet rocking back and forth.

It might've seemed odd to her, but without thinking he placed his finger under her chin, lifting her gaze to his.

The deep blue of her eyes were a shocking yet beautiful contrast to her vibrant red hair.

"Hi," he whispered.

"Hey," she breathed, her lips tugging up into a small smile.

♢ ♢ ♢

In her original dream sequence, she had been oblivious to how he might've felt about meeting her for the first time, but as she analyzes it now, it seems as though he might've actually been exhilarated to meet her.

He was so forthcoming with flirtatious actions such as holding not one, but both of her hands while attending the twenty one pilots concert. She had stood in front of him in one of the tiniest spots imaginable as he whispered the lyrics to Goner so that only she could hear, causing Mae's body to shiver from the cool sensation of his breath against her skin.

From that moment on, she was sure he was going to be much more than she could've ever imagined, and she turned out to be correct. Every move, every word, and every touch from him snuck under her skin and drove her wild. He was a force to be reckoned with and she was so glad she'd met him then.

luke: that is if you want to of course

luke: there's no pressure or anything

luke: even though i'm hoping you'll agree

luke: and now's the time where i quit embarassing myself and stop talking

Mae couldn't help but laugh at how incredibly adorable he was being.

One of the most important things that she realized from the alternate reality she'd created was that dreams are often better than reality. Another thing she'd realized was that she didn't want to be hurt like that ever again, which is why she's been so reluctant about engaging entirely in this situation.

However, this time around is different because she's almost certain this isn't a dream, almost.

mae: on one condition

luke: anything

mae: promise me this isn't all a dream

l u k e

It's obvious to him that she's hesitant about meeting him which he can't help but admit he is as well. He's imagined how this would happen numerous times, and he's always been worried it wouldn't turn out the way he'd hoped. Although, he's been more worried that he'd never find her at all, let alone have the chance to meet her in person.

luke: i have an idea

mae: okay

luke: it's corny, i know, but i'll pinch myself and you'll pinch yourself, and if we're both still here, then it's real

It's probably the dumbest idea he could've come up with, but it's the best he could do at the moment. Whenever he's talked to her, he's lost half of his confidence, and he doesn't know why.

mae: on the count of three

luke: one

mae: two

luke: three

Luke closed his eyes and quickly pinched his arm, hoping Mae was doing the same, and after a moment he opened them to find himself sat in the same seat, talking to the same girl.

He breathed a sigh of relief before composing his next message.

luke: it's not a dream, mae, i'm here and i'm not going anywhere

mae: there's a little bookstore in melbourne called nana's book nook. meet me there sunday afternoon at two o'clock

luke: see you then, sweetheart

●●●
short but sweet. don't worry they'll meet in the next chapter :-)

i hope you guys are having a swell 2016. it's weird because it feels as though 2015 had just started, but i've gotten used to it. i haven't even messed up when writing the date yet haha

qotd: any of you watching the golden globes tonight? i am :)

anywho, have a great day guys and i'll be updating again very soon.

xoxo,
jules