Imagine: Angel!Sam x reader

It's been years since they.. Left..

It's been hard. Doing hunts by yourself stopped bothering you after year two, but being alone after scared you. Not because there was no one to protect you, but because you were scared of what you would do to yourself. Being alone with your thoughts is what scared you the most.

Castiel hasn't been around lately. He use to check up on you every now and again, but the Winchesters death has been hard in him too. Seeing you reminded him too much of (choose a brother) and he couldn't bear it much.

You thought he stopped caring and that the only reason he was around in the first place was for Dean. You kept praying to him in hopes of an answer, a sign, the familiar sound of those angelic wings and gust of wind, bt it's been so long you've almost forgotten the sound of his voice.

You've been hunting the demon that's killed the boys since god knows when, and one day you found him. He was in Atlanta hiding out in an abandon building off of the side of downtown. You tracked for years and as soon as you found him you left immediately, no game plan, no nothing. You couldn't wait. You had to make him suffer the way you have for so long. The pain you've felt for years. You wanted to gut him so he could feel the empty feeling, ripping his heart out and stomping on it just so he could understand the pain you feel.

Revenge was the only thing in your mind, and that was your mistake. You rushed, got to excited and jittery. You couldn't wait and you just charged in, guns, knives, amo, holy water, and salt galore strapped down to every inch of your body. Even under your cloths there was all of the above.

But he beat you to a pulp, and the worst part was was he didn't kill you. You begged him through broken bloodied teeth and cracked voice. Swollen eyes with pools of tears and cuts and bruises covering every inch of you. But the demon just smiled with an evil cackle, black eyes staring down at you.

"Death wouldn't be a punishment, it would be a relief for you, you would even take hell!" It spat, you were on your knees staring up at the monster speaking nothing but the truth.

"Please..." you begged grabbing his arm. In all honesty you looked like Dean, begging Castiel to not kill him. But here you were, doing the exact opposite. Begging a demon to kill you.

"Pathetic.. just like your brothers.." The demon laughed, but before you did nothing, and like that he was gone again.

It was silent, and you sat there with heavily breathing, staring at where the demon once stood. Your heart dropped and in an instant you collapse screaming, crying, and shaking. Balled up in pain, physical and emotional. You cursed God and Castiel. You cursed your brothers for leaving you. You cursed your father for raising you. You cursed Aziezle for killing your mom. You cursed every living thing, including yourself. You screamed... And screamed... And screamed...

"You're okay..." You heard a soft coo as you were pulled into a tight embrace. You looked up with blurry eyes..

Sammy...

He looked beautiful, healthy.... Happy...
He was in a nice black suite, the same hair. His dark green eyes piercing through your (e/c) eyes. You smiled, blood oozing out of the corners of your mouth.

"S-Sammy?" You haven't said his name in so long that it felt foreign as it rolled off your tongue. He smiled slightly and placed a finger on your forehead healing you instantly.

"Hey (y/n),"

"I-is Dean with you? Is he okay?" You asked in a quivered voice. Sam smiled widely and pulled you into another tight embrace. This time holding you as tears began to fall.

"He's fine. He's in heaven with everyone else,"

"E..everyone?" A weight of relief and fear felt like it was being lifted off of you, and for the first time in a long time you felt like you could breathe.

"Everyone is safe, (y/n). You can carry on, and once you're done you'll meet us up in heaven where there is peace. Just go home and get your tired, weary little head to bed. You don't have to cry anymore..."