Chapter 8

Yamato’s pov.

          This Yumi girl was interesting and I really was happy to take Kakashi-senpai’s place but I really wanted to know who this girl was that had to wear her mask on a normal mission. I had heard of her before because of her mask I knew she was called the silver flash but I don’t understand why that was. She slowly raises her hand to take off her mask before doing just that. I was a little shocked to see her silver hair that looked a lot like Kakashi-senpai’s. “My name is Yuki Hatake.” She says and I just about jumped. She was Kakashi-senpai’s daughter. I knew she was adopted but still his kid was the silver flash and in ANBU? “Yuki was part of team 7 when she first came to the village. She knows that team like the back of her hand. Orochimaru wants her probably so he can have more control over Sasuke. That’s why she will be keeping her mask on for this mission. Not only is there a chance to get information on the Akatsuki but also on Sasuke and Orochimaru.” Tsunade says. She nods her head before putting her mask back on but I felt like I was missing a puzzle peace. No matter because I would figure it out. I listen to what else the hokage has to say before looking over at Yuki. “Will she be dressed in her ANBU cloths for the mission?” I ask before looking her over. “No, but for now she is doing her job. I need you to keep Naruto in check around this new team member of his because I don’t want them to know about who Yuki is. If that information got out she might be taken faster than Naruto will be.” Tsunade says. I didn’t understand it but nodded my head.

Yuki’s pov.

          I think Yamato got the idea of what was going on without telling him about Yuriko. Yeah he might know my dad but I didn’t know if I could trust him. That is a little harsh I know seeing as how I didn’t have a problem with him when he was watching me sleep in the hospital but whatever. I listen to Tsunade talk about Danzo and how he got his position in the ANBU and such. To me he was a backstabbing old man who should never have gotten the power he has. She sends him out to meet with the team now then turns to look at me. “Go get ready and weir something you normally wouldn’t if you can. I know you don’t like Yuriko’s mark to stand out but it just might have to.” She says and I shake my head no. “Orochimaru will know about it and then the point of my mask will be meaningless. I will dress like normal but I don’t think Naruto will slip up. He didn’t regencies me and he hasn’t seen me since I got my hair cut. I’m sure Sakura will do a great job of keeping him to secrecy as well.” I say before leaving to change and meet up with this new team.

          I guess I should see dad before I leave as well. I sigh because I had so many things to do and not a lot of time. It didn’t take me long to change and I headed to the meeting place but stayed on the roof of the building not ready to be seen by them yet. When I hear Yamato’s voice I drop down behind Sakura and Naruto. “Yumi your late.” Yamato says and I smile behind my mask. “I got lost on the road of life.” I say before rubbing the back of my head. I used a lot of dad’s excuse when I was too lazy to show up somewhere on time. “Really?” the pail boy asks that was standing by Yamato. “No not really. I was on the roof this whole time.” I say as I roll my eyes before looking over at Naruto who had a death glare at the new kid. I had heard his voice before and anger boiled in me. That was Sai the one who let Mai almost die. I would have to hurt him later when I wasn’t trying to keep Naruto from killing him. Sakura looks at me in disbelief before a small smile spreads on her face before she looks worriedly over at Naruto and Sai. Yamato stopped the fight before it happened but I would chose Naruto and Sakura over them any day and who would want to fight 2 jinchuuriki’s? I shake my head a little to clear it so I could pay attention to what they were saying.

          Sai says something to get Naruto worked up and Sakura holds him back. I didn’t like the way he was looking me over. “Why is she here? Isn’t this a 4 man cell?” Sai asks and Naruto turns to look at me. “Yumi!?!” he says with surprise and I was shocked he remembered. “Yumi is on the team to help relay the information gathers more quickly. She also has some experience with team Kakashi so the Hokage thought it would be a good idea to have her added. She does have ANBU mission to do at the same time so she will be wearing her mask.” Yamato tells them and I nod my head before giving them a close eyed smile before I remembered they can’t see me smile. I was to go see Kakashi with Yamato because Tsunade ordered me to. I didn’t mind because Gramps was supposed to be there and I could take off my mask as we talked. I shake my head a little before looking over at Yamato because he was talking again.