Chapter 22

Yuki’s pov.

          Umeko finally let go of my hand as some water bullets were shot at us. “Yuki run!” Umeko screams before pushing me to the ground. I growl a little not happy with being told what to do but that grass ninja was back and had been chasing us for an hour now. I don’t know what happened to the sand ninja that helped us but I knew it wouldn’t be hard to take her out. “Yuki go now!” Umeko barks and I stumble to my feet before taking off running again. I burst into a clearing and hear a barking howl that sent shivers down my spine. “Hello Yuki, it’s so nice to see you alone again.” A male voice says as they walk into the clearing across from me. It was Mizu and he was spinning a kunai on his finger as he looks me over. His eyes hold a murderous intent and I take a step back not wanting to fight him if I didn’t have to. “What do you want Mizu? I don’t know where your object is and I haven’t done anything to hurt you.” I say and he scowls at me. “Lies I will kill you for what you did to me. I was disgraced by my clan and my village. Do you know how hard I had to work to get here now?” he screams before throwing the kunai and it slices my check making me growl a little.

          “You can’t do that because of the rules. A stone ninja will be here to take you away.” I growl out and he starts to laugh uncontrollably. “No they won’t I destroyed all the scrolls used to get here. It will take them at least 3 days to get to us and by then you will be dead.” Mizu says before running at me swinging his fist. I jump to the side and hit his back with my foot sending him to the ground hard. As he was recovering I take off running again only to run into the leg of something big. I look up when I hear the growl and see a demonic looking dog standing over me. ‘Not good, not good.’ I think as I jump back from it before it tries to bite me. “I see you found my pet. It will eat you alive before going after the rest of your team. I’ll be seeing you around.” Mizu says before he jumps away leaving me to face this thing on my own. I was trying to figure out what to do when a blast of flames was sent at me from its mouth. “Water wall!” someone screams and a wall of water was in front of me. “Yuki are you alright?” Umeko ask as she lands on the ground by me. “Not sure yet. I have a small cut but that thing wants to kill me.” I say not taking my eyes off that thing.

          “What are we going to do?” she asks before sending water bullets at the things eyes. “Not sure yet but I say we kill it before it kills us.” I say before starting the hand sighs quickly for Chidori. ‘If Kakashi didn’t know where I was before he might now.’ I think before running at this thing with my electrified hand and slamming it into its leg. It gives a howl of pain before biting down at me and I jump out of the way. Umeko sends another attack at it but it throws a tree at her before setting it on fire. She jumps out of its way and lands in a tree that was nearby. I huff a little as fire balls were sent all over the place making the ground nearby heating up the ground so it was uncomfortable to stand on. I was about to attack that thing when I feel a burst of pain in my back and turn just a little to see that crazy grass ninja with a crazed look in her eyes and a almost bruised looking hand. ‘She punched me?’ I think before jumping away from her landing on a little hill that was near the clearing before flames shot past me.

          “Just give up I’ll kill you!” the grass ninja screams as she rushes at me with a sword in her hand. I don’t know where that came from but that dog thing shots fire at her but that just covers her sword before she swings it at me. I jump back but not fast enough so the hot metal cuts into my side. I let out a small scream from the pain but I needed to fight throw it. “Yuki!” Umeko yells before a paw hits me and sends me flying and I slam into a bolder that was nearby but it cracks and I feel something warm starting to slide down my head and into my eyes. There was a red haze that fills my eyes and I knew my head was bleeding pretty badly but I couldn’t let that effect what was going on right now. “Umeko get over here.” I scream and she lands in front of me creating a water wall to block the fire that the demon dog sent at me. “Yuki your head.” Umeko says as she kneels by me and I wipe the blood out of my eyes before looking up at her. “Hold onto me and don’t let go until I say so.” I say and she looks confused before wrapping her arms around my waist and holding tightly onto me. I do the hand sighs quickly and we disappear before the next fire ball could hit us. I let out a small cuss before grabbing onto the wet rock that was under Kakashi. “What have you gotten into?” I snap making him look down at me. “Yuki?” Asuma asks a little confused and Umeko looks up at me before at the others. “Umeko let me go I can’t hold us both up here.” I say and she lets me go before jumping up to hang by Neji who had a worried look on his face.