Chapter 5

Yuki’s pov.

          There was no way I would get in the way of fire nature attacks. I didn’t like to deal with them and I couldn’t see a good opening to attack in anyway. Kakashi and Naruto had it covered with attacks but I was going to jump in as soon as I could. I just needed to build up my chakra for this attack before doing it because it took a lot to flash around the field without my markers for any help. I could use the one’s Kakashi and Naruto had which would be my jumping points but I needed to throw out a few more to get what I need done. Fog was all over the place what was Kakashi thinking? I wanted to scream at him but this did work a little to my advantage. I climb the tree that was by me before looking around to see where Itachi was so I could get a better view and so I could throw my markers out there to use my jutsu.

          Another fire ball jutsu? I shake my head and use the confusion to throw my kunai out there before I made my move. I put one in my mouth before starting the hand signs before making my attack. He had Kakashi in his genjutsu and I needed to act fast. It was a shadow clone meaning I could attack without feeling bad. I was about to attack when Naruto runs out with his rasengan. I guess I didn’t need to waste my time with this. I walk out before grabbing my kunai quickly then walk over to where the others were. It was a little shocking to see someone other than Itachi laying there in the ground. Granny said he was the missing jounin that went missing around the same time Gaara was taken. Sakura then turns to look at me. “Where did you go during the fight? You could have helped Kakashi-sensei and Naruto.” She says giving me a look that she only gave me when Sasuke was paying more attention to me then her.

          I sigh before looking up at Kakashi and Naruto. “I was just about to jump in with a jutsu when Naruto used his rasengan. I would have been killed or hurt seriously if I hadn’t changed where I landed.” I say as I move some lose hair out of my face. True I had been able to change my destination at the last second but if I hadn’t then I would have taken Naruto’s rasengan to my face. “Besides Sakura you aren’t one to talk you didn’t help at all. So I don’t need a lecture from you of all people.” I snap when she opens her mouth to say something else. She looks away from me and dad puts a hand on my shoulder before shaking his head like he was disappointed in me. “Yuki she doesn’t understand how your new jutsu works.” Dad says in a low tone so only I could hear before patting my head. Granny then starts to talk about how they were taking out the one tails and I feel a jolt of pain go throw me. I knew it was coming from Yuriko so I grab onto Kakashi as the pain got worst.

          I didn’t make a sound as Granny talked but I could feel Kakashi’s hand under my arm holding me up because of the pain I was in. As soon as Granny says the person holding the tailed beast dies Yuriko starts to cry and the pain gets worst. I didn’t understand why she was getting so upset until I see a flash of what looked like Gaara having something pulled out of his mouth and eyes that was slowly killing him. I let out a small sob and fall to the ground putting my hands over my heart because I felt the pain worst there. Kakashi kneels next to me and pats my back a little. “Yuki are you ok?” he asks a little worry in his voice. I shake my head no not being able to talk but used one hand to write out Yuriko on the ground. Kakashi nods his head at what I wrote on the ground and wipe it away before the others could see it. “Who’s Yuriko?” Granny asks and I jump a little. Kakashi rubs the back of his head before looking down at me. “She’s no one.” He says and Sakura looks at us. “She’s someone in the village. Lady Tsunade talks about her sometimes. I’ve never seen her before but Yuki knows her pretty well because Shizune always has to get her so they can talk.” Sakura says. I didn’t want to get into this conversation right now.

          ‘Yuki he’s dying! Gaara is dying and we can’t do anything to help him. I’m sorry about hurting you but it hurts to know he is in so much pain.’ Yuriko says as tears roll down her face before becoming petals as they fall off her check. Normally they were cherry blossom petals but this time they were different. ‘I know how you feel.’ I say in a sad tone. I knew those petals now they were like the plum tree outside my old house. I was pulled out of my conversation with her by Naruto’s hand on my shoulder. “Yuki who is this Yuriko chick?” Naruto asks and it was all too much for me to handle. I didn’t think before doing the hand signs and moving to where I felt safe which was with Kiba. He jumps as I appear next to him but soon gets over it hugging me as he sees my tear streaked face. “Snow what’s wrong?” he asks as he holds me closer to him. I couldn’t say anything or do anything I just needed a few minutes to myself to think.