Halloween

"Alright class, don't forget the 'Swish and Flick' technique that we've been practicing. And don't forget your pronunciation. Never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest." I pointed my wand down at the feather first, being alone at the end. I flicked my wand lazily, without more than a mutter of the spell, and the feather began to soar high above everyone's heads. Draco Malfoy (whom I, unfortunately, had charms with) looked at me in outrage and disbelief. Flitwick looked delighted.

"Well done, Adriana! Five points to Gryffindor!" I sat back in my chair, knowing that I had the rest of class free, so I pulled out my essay for professor Snape about the properties of mandrake roots. I had already written two feet, but I still had my conclusion to do. I chuckled as I watched Ron become exceedingly angry at the feather, because it wouldn't levitate. His partner (Who happened to be Hermione) grabbed his wrist.

"Stop it! You’re going to take someone's eye out! Besides, you're saying it wrong. It’s LeviOsa, not LeviosA. And make the 'gar' nice and long." Ron glared at her.

"I'd like to see you try it!" with a prim little 'Humph!' Hermione flicked back her sleeves, and raised her wand.

"Wingarduim Leviosa!" immediately, just as mine had, Hermione's feather soared into the air, much to Flitwick's delight.

"Well done! I say, Miss Granger has done it!  Very well done indeed!" I smiled, sending a note to Hermione that said, simply, 'Good Job.' She grinned back as soon as she read it. Suddenly, from right beside me, there was a small explosion. I jumped about thirty feet in the air, landing flat on my back in the aisle in between the desks. From above, I saw that Seamus's face was black with soot. He'd singed his eyebrows clean off!

I got up off of the floor with a bit of a groan, having landed rather hard. "I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor Flitwick."

After class, Ron caught my arm, looking pretty steamed.

"What's she always on about? Honestly, 'It's LeviOsa!' Blimey, It’s no wonder she doesn't have any friends, the bloody know it all!" Hermione all of a sudden shoved past us.

"I do believe that she heard you." I spat at him. Ron looked at me, surprised.

"I wish she was more like you, Aidy. You're both Know-it-alls, but at least you don't flaunt it." My eyes flashed fire.

"Maybe she's fine the way she is, Ronald." And with a huff, I ran after Hermione, only to discover her crying in the girl’s bathroom.

"Are you okay, Mione?" she continued to sob, unlocking the stall to let me in.

"H-How do you cope with it, Aidy? They- Everyone- Is so mean to you all the time. How can you stand it?" I half smiled.

"Not everyone. It's just the Slytherins, honestly. But they're mean to everyone. It helps that I don't have potions with any of the other kids, too." she looked up at me with tears streaming from her eyes.

"Do you think that Dumbledore would let me student teach too?" I shook my head.

"No. The only reason they made me a teacher was because the teasing was starting to affect my physical health." I explained. "I'll tell Weasley to shove off if it'll make you feel better." she shook her head, still weeping.

"Can you leave? I want to be alone." I gave her a half smile.

"Of course. See you at dinner, Mione." I stood up, and grabbed my bag off of the floor, giving Hermione a smile (And a vial of the Draught of Cheer) before jogging out of the classroom to join the Hufflepuffs in Transfiguration.