Rose Oil.

"Where do we start, Gem?" I asked, looking up at her smiling face.

"Cauldron first." she said, and walked into the first shop on our left. A red haired wizard, about Gemma's age. stood behind the counter. He flashed us a winning smile.

"May I help you two stunningly beautiful witches?" He said, shamelessly flirting with Gemma as he flipped his hair. She kept a straight face, but it was obvious she shared in the attraction by the twitching of the corners of her mouth.

"Yes. I need one standard pewter now, and I need one on hold. This family isn't exactly known for their potions." the man chuckled, going over to the stack of black cauldrons while I admired a crystal one nearby.

"That's out finest. we call her 'The Jewel In The Crown".' the red haired wizard said, following my gaze. "only experienced brewers can use it to effect. it will make the most powerful brews in the world." I gazed longingly at it, but I knew that if I still liked to brew potions, then I would buy one someday. Setting both pewter cauldrons on the front desk, Gemma removed her pocketbook.

"How much?" He flashed her a winning smile.

"Fifteen Galleons. Ten if you tell me your name, beautiful." She giggled outright this time, blushing.

"Gemma. Gemma Campbell." he held out his hand for Gemma to shake.

"Jeremy. Jeremy Potage." he mocked slightly, leaning down to kiss her hand. All the while, I just stood there awkwardly. After a few more flirtatious comments, she came to her senses, handing him the ten galleons. She walked back over to me, setting her had on my shoulder as we left the well lit shop.

"He's going to send us the cauldrons, thank Merlin for that. Those things are as heavy as Dumbledore's beard must be." I looked up at her with curiosity, but resisted talking about it. We entered the Apothecary, looking for ingredients.

"Hello, Mistress Campbell. Might I help you?" asked a wiry old man in the corner. I liked the smell of this shop; It was like floral scents mixed with frog spawn. Okay, maybe not the best smell to everyone else, people held their noses walking by it and Gemma was breathing through her mouth.

"One of everything, Bartimus. And make it snappy."

"Sorry, miss, but what is everything?"

"Everything mentioned in Magical drafts and potions. We'll help Snape out a bit, it must be frightful to have to buy all of that."

"I believe that Hogwarts does most of the buying, but maybe he'll think it a kindness." the man remarked. He gathered an assortment of vials, all of them labeled. "Mmm, do you think they would use Rose Oil?"

"Possibly. I think it was mentioned in the simple sleeping draft."

"No, no, that wasn't it... Was it?"

"Just put it in, Bartimus. She may need it."

"Any Gillyweed?"

"I doubt it, anything like that can come from Snape's private store cabinet."

"Quite right." He said, filling a large bag with ingredients. "That should be enough. Sixteen galleons."

"For potions ingredients? Don't be silly. Arnie at the apothecary in Hogsmeade would have given me all of that for ten."

"I'll go fourteen." They haggled back and forth for a while, finally settling on twelve. But Gemma still paid with a scowl on her face.

Our next stop was Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment. I looked around the shop curiously, seeing many pieces of glass and gold. I barely paid attention to the conversation, until Gemma asked me a question.