Chapter Three

Depuis le début

Kung meron lang sana syang matatawagan na kaibigan para tulungan sya.

Matatawagan!

Ang cell phone nya? 

Ngayon wala na talaga syang mapagpipilian...

Isabella pulled her old nokia phone out from her jeans pocket and looked at the dialed numbers and pressed call on the recent number on the list.

The number of the person who can help her...

***

Isabella arrived at the coffee shop, soaking wet, one hour after receiving instruction where she can meet the person she called. She didn't know how she still managed to find the coffee shop in her current state. Her weak knees wanted to give up, her teeth chattering in the cold weather and her stomach aching, shouting with hunger.

With trembling hands, Isabella pushed opened the glass door of the coffee shop and as soon as she set her foot in, the aroma of coffee filled her nostrils making her almost dry mouth, water with hunger. 

In her blurry vision, she looked around and spotted him sitting at the corner end of the coffee shop. Isabella sauntered her way to his table as he glanced on her way and she didn't miss the confusion that flickered into his eyes, probably wondering about her looks. 

"Here drink this" Ethan offered his untouched coffee to Isabella after she settled herself into her seat.

Dahil nilalamig at nagugutom ay hindi na nag-alinlangan pa si Isabella. She took the cup of coffee in her hands and lifted the cup into her quivering lips after saying "thanks" to Ethan. She also uttered a silent thank you as he has not asked why her clothes was soaked by the rain.

While drinking her coffee Isabella secretly watched Ethan, kahit simpleng puting T-shirt na nakapaloob sa itim nitong jacket ay hindi pa rin maitatangi ang angkin nitong kagwapuhan. Bigla tuloy nakadama si Isabella ng insecurity sa kanya itsura and self-consciously toyed with her lips and glued her eyes down on her coffee, aware that Ethan is also studying her.

Nang makatapos nyang mainom ang kape ay nagulat na lang sya ng biglang tumayo si Ethan at ipatong sa balikat nya ang kaninang suot nitong jacket and said "Let's go" and headed out of the coffee shop without waiting for her. 

Tumayo si Isabella sa pagkakaupo at inalis sa balikat ang jacket bago sinundan sa labas si Ethan. Nilalamig pa rin sya pero nag-aalangan syang isuot ito. Sa itsura pa lang ng jacket ay alam nya na mamahalin at nag-aalala sya na mabasa at madumihan pa. Nagpapasalamat na lang sya at tumila na ang ulan kaya kahit papaano ay nabawasan na ang lamig sa labas.

"Saan tayo pupunta?" Isabella asked Ethan who was then waiting for her outside his car. 

"You have to change your clothes before you get sick and wear the jacket, you're almost naked in your wet clothes"