Chapter XXIII "I'll Be Okay"

Princess bitch was fuming as soon as Kole told her that he was going to be with his mate. Because no matter if they did have history, or she was being a flirtatious slut with me. This heat, this connection we had with one another was based off of being mates. As i stood in Barcelona's plaza my mind kept on wandering towards our dance, the moment i said he was mine. 

My mind wandered back to those memories and the flashbacks I've been having. They were all based on him, how we met and how he never once treated me like something dangerous. 

From the moment my parents died all the time that i was raised with my Aunt Olivia and Uncle Brad. All the hardships they both endured because of my mutt blood. Because I was a hybrid the stress of it all became too much for them. I understand that somewhere a long the way i needed to play the problem child. Give them and out for them to be okay in not liking me.

Even on the second time we met, when i was on that cliff minding my own business and just following his scent. I didn't know who i was looking for nor did i have an idea if i wanted to find him.

All of my life the people i loved eventually got hurt, eventually had to choose whether to keep me or not.

Kole kept choosing me.

When my life was in danger over at the cliff he chose me.

When kept shoving him away, afraid of what i was feeling for him would eventually consume me.

He was there.

When i was up against the royals he didn't care and chose me over his title.

My heart keeps on fluttering when i think about him, when i think of who to rely on when the times feel like their consuming me. His hand is there to reach out for me, and even if I've yelled at him. Even if i tried to play the problem child with him. He saw through me and never wavered. 

"Domi." I looked up to see Aiden looking at me with such a warm smile. I hadn't realized that tears began to come down my cheek, but i didn't feel sad.

"We're okay now... but i keep feeling that I owe him a lot of warmth." I softly whispered to Aiden when he sat right next to me and pulled me in for a hug.

"What's important about a relationship Domi is that you never take tabs on what you owe one another. It wasn't your fault that your heart has been guarded for a very long time." His hands lightly combed thorugh my burgundy hair making my nerves calm down naturally.

"I'm sure Kole knew that there was a huge difference from the little cheerful girl he met when she was around what five? And the woman that showed up to him unexpected." There was human in his voice making me smile just slightly as i wiped the tears from my cheek.

"God, I'm such a mess. I came here hopping that getting to know the royal side of my father would make me feel closer to his memory." Shaking my head i let the tears come down harder as the little hole in my heart just began to bleed.

"The Lycan family is someone i don't know of, I thought that they'd be warm and loving. I keep on trying to find puzzle pieces of my family in order to have an idea on how my parents were."

Aiden lightly kissed the top of my head and this warm comforting feeling completely overwhelmed me as i grabbed onto his shirt and wept.

"I forgot how my parents looked, I forgot who's daughter i am. I forgot how my mother used to cook for me, because even if i was half vampire i had the metabolism of my dad. I forgot how my dad use to throw me up in the air to make me laugh. Because i knew that he was always going to be there to catch me." I felt Kole's presence coming nearer but i honestly didn't care if he saw this side of me.

He has seen the ugly and the warrior side of me, it wouldn't hurt to see me actually bleed my pain out.

"Domi, I know that it's going to be hard for you to understand this, but no one can replace your parents." I could here his voice slightly strain as he hugged me closer to him. His warmth becoming a bit overwhelming as he gripped me tight. Almost as if he was afraid that I'd vanish from his hands.

But he pulled away and his blazing deep blue eyes looked at mine cupping my cheeks to wipe away the tear stains.

"The Salvatore family will not give you the warmth you deserve, their power hungry animals that will take you down because of the blood you carry." His eyes were dead serious as he kept on trying to convince me of something.

"I say this with a heavy heart Domynique and I really do hope you listen to me. But get out of Spain, go with Kole. I know that a mate is not going to heal the wounds you have in your heart fast. But trust me when i tell you that the person you should open your heart to is him not the Salvatore family." 

Just when he finished telling me his warning Kole came in and just looked at my teary eyes and at Aiden. I was surprised to see him hold himself together and not have a jealousy fit like last time, but Aiden was the one that stood up and grab hold of Kole's arm.

"I know you heard what i told her, and you know it's true. I warned you that i don't ever want to know that you make her cry. So get her out of here." His tone was more stronger and composed when he directed himself to Kole. I stood up quickly not wanting to be left out of this when Aiden turned around and kissed the top of my forehead.

"Please Domi, your home isn't here." He whispered softly before he walked away. Leaving me alone with Kole right next to me, i felt his hands slip into mine when i still didn't move.

"We should go." He said to me when he showed me two plane tickets to America in an hour.

"Will I be okay?" I breathed a bit nervous.

He pulled me towards him, snapping me out of my dazed state as his lips pressed onto mine. His scent of mint chocolate engulfing my senses when he pulls away and hugs me.

"I'll make sure you'll be okay."